Grandparents Are God Sent

Grandparents Are God Sent

One or twenty-one, they are all amazing and should never be taken for granted!
87

Coming from a family full of divorces, I have several extended family members. I am blessed to have a plethora of grandparents. Yes, I have my biological maternal and paternal grandparents, but I also have my step-grandparents of my parents. Along with my step-grandparents from my step parents.

To start I have my mom's family. I have my paw paw. He's not your typical paw paw either. He's 65 and always on the go. Whether it's a concert, baseball game, or a trip to Vegas he is there. Now having divorces in a family can be complicated and not pretty at all.

My mom's mother is not in my life because I have only met her twice and only one of those times can I remember. However, the woman my mom calls mother is my maw maw. She raised my mother and has been nothing short of a maternal grandmother to me my entire life.

My paw paw is married to Amanda and while she is not my biological maternal grandmother she's pretty great and she's a different kind of grandmother just as he is a grandfather. All three on this side are great and I would not trade them for the world.

On my dad's side, I have the other three corners that finish my foundation of grandparents. They are my pop, cc, and grandma. Along with my paw paw those three have been there from the beginning and never cease to be there

. My pop is my dad's father and he is married to my cc. They have lived next door to me my entire life. Cc and I have watched put on makeup my entire life along with learning how to clean life has never been dull with her. Pop has been at ever softball game I've played.

He's the definition of my cheerleader. He is there for anything whether it's a ballgame to watch me play, needing something because I was sick at school, or fixing my car because an idiot backed into me he's there.

Now my grandma, my dad's mother, I could write a whole book on her but I will refrain. She is amazing a literal angel. From the time I was six weeks old until I was in the sixth grade, I spent every Saturday night and Sunday morning with her. For that I am grateful because a lot of my spiritual growth comes from her taking me to church all those years.

Paw paw, pop,cc, and grandma are my four corners that make my foundation as a person steady. I am beyond thankful for them. I'm also thankful for Amanda and my maw maw. Along with them I have supporting grandparents. I have my step mom's mom, dad, and step dad. I also have my step dad's mom.

I am very blessed in the department of grandparents and couldn't be more thankful. With Thanksgiving come and gone I could not be more thankful for these people in my life.

They have all supported me in whatever way possible. Even though divorce can be messy and bad there is good that comes from one. The abundance of love I've been shown from all my grandparents and the ones I've gained through remarriage is absolutely great.

So remember to always be thankful and to love your grandparents. Even though I have an abundance I do not take them for granted because one day they could not be here.