Dealing with the loss of a grandparent is always difficult, and it may leave you wishing you could still tell them some things. While I was always thankful while my grandmother was still with us, not having her here anymore has amplified my gratitude for everything that she gave me. Here are a few things I would thank my grandmother for if I had the chance.

1. Giving me the most amazing family

I have the funniest, most supportive, and kindest family, and I wouldn't have any of them without my grandmother. I can't thank her enough for giving me the best extended family I could ever ask for.

2. Teaching me all of the best recipes

Whether it's her famous banana bread or her authentic Italian pasta sauce, she always made the best food. I wish I could thank her for entrusting me with so many of her delicious recipes.

3. Showing me what true love looks like

Her and my grandfather had the most genuine love. They loved each other through every hardship, and I'm so thankful for such an amazing example of what marriage should look like.

4. Always making sure I had enough on my plate

As every grandmother does, she always made sure I never went hungry. I was never without food options while I was at her house, and I always left with a handful of treats to take home with me, too.

5. Being the best example of faith

She was by far the most religious and faith-filled person in my life, and I'm so thankful to her for showing me what it truly means to be a person of God. I can only hope to replicate the faith that she had in my own life.

6. Loving me like no one else

Lastly, and most importantly, I am thankful for all of the love and support she showed me while she was with me. No one can ever love you like your grandparents, and she made her love for me known no matter how far I was from her.

I am so thankful for everything that my grandmother gave me and my family, and I hope that she can feel my gratitude in Heaven. Losing her was hard, but I have such a great example of how to live because of her guidance.

In loving memory of my dear Grandma Dina, who I miss and love every single day.