Dear Grandma, Please Don't Cry As I Grow Up
Grandparents

I promise that I'm still your little girl.

845
Abigail Stout

Dear Grandma,

You have been my best friend since before I could talk. You have always had my best intentions in mind. You have always loved me and taken care of me.

You have also always been a three-minute walk from my front door.

You were always there, always free and available for me to spend time with, talk about my day with or bake with. You have taught me how to cook, how to bake, how to be a good wife and how to be a good grandma.

Please do not cry as I grow up.

I saw you cry in the driveway as I pulled away for college. I heard you sniffle as we hugged one last time, as you tried to be strong.

Please don't cry as I start this new journey.

Don't cry each time we have to say goodbye.

Please, for all that is good, do not cry when we FaceTime or talk on the phone.

Those are happy times. The time I get to spend with you is time that I cherish now and will cherish forever.

Please don't cry because, if you do, I promise that I'll start crying too. I am still your little girl. I will always be your baking buddy and the person you can gossip with.

Even though I'm 100+ miles away instead of three minutes now, I am still just a phone call away.

I love you, Mam. Please don't cry as you read this because I wrote it with all my love.

As I grow up, please don't cry. Just let me know when I make you proud.