Is Grain Free Dog Food Good - 5 Reason
Education

Is Grain-Free Dog Food The Way To Go?

During the recent years, grain-free dog food gained huge popularity thanks to its many benefits. Furthermore, the advocates of this type of food claim it to be the ancestral diet of dogs hence their natural diet.

167
Is Grain Dog Food Good?

The grain-free food sparked the heated debate about dogs being either carnivores or omnivores. The truth is that dogs are omnivores, which means that they can eat, digest, and do well on foods that contain grains.

Still, this diet isn't without its advantages and this article will give you an answer to the question is grain-free dog food the way to go.

Why go grain-free?

Does your dog have allergies?

The biggest advantage of grain-free food is that it's made with the high-quality ingredients. That means that your dog will eat real meat and healthy fruits and vegetables.

And because of these features, your dog will have more energy, his coat will be shinier and his overall health will improve. The high-quality ingredients will keep your dog's tummy fool for longer periods of time, which means that you will feed less food.

One more great thing is that this is a highly digestible food that will improve bowel movements and result in a firm and odorless stool.

Does your dog really need the change?

Not all grains are bad, and you probably know that you should stay away from fillers like corn, wheat, and soy. But wholesome grains like oatmeal or quinoa are healthy and full of vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall health.

With that being said, if your dog doesn't have grain allergies and you feel that the change of diet is in order try single grain formulas. These are also very healthy and easy to digest and may work better for your dog than zero grain diet.

​Things you need to consider

People often believe that grain-free is carb free and buy this food to support weight loss. However, the grain-free food contains more carbs and will lead to weight gain.

Moreover, puppies shouldn't eat this type of food since it has a high protein content that can cause kidney damage. So if you weren't advised by your vet to change your puppy's diet, leave it the way it is.

Conclusion

There is no doubt that this type of diet has many benefits but is the grain free food the way to go? Unfortunately, there is no simple answer and in the end, the decision to change your dog's food is up to you.

However, dogs that suffer from grain allergies should eat only zero grain food in order to experience relief and have normal lives.