Graduation Gifts To Give The Graduate IN Your Life

15 Graduation Gifts To Give Every High School Senior That They Will Actually Use In College

Let's get rid of the room decor and irons and start giving actually useful graduation gifts

3372

I'm three years removed from graduation, but what I do remember is that while I was appreciative of each and every single gift that I received, majority of them I only used once or not at all. Now that I have progressed through three years of college I know about things that college students will and will not use. I may not have realized it then, but I definitely realize it now that these are some of the gifts that I would have most appreciated receiving because they would have been used time and time again.

1. Backpack

I know for me I didn't want to drop unnecessary money on something that I already had. My backpack from high school still worked just fine, but at the end of the day anyone going into college wants to start fresh. Providing them with a nice backpack that could last them throughout their collegiate career is a remarkable gift worth giving.

2. Coffee pot

Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker for College

I may still not drink a ton of coffee, but the average coffee student does. Being able to have a coffee maker or coffee pot in their room is not only effective and efficient, but it also saves college students money. I promise you that this is by far one of the best gifts you can give an incoming freshman.

3. Hydro Flask

I can't tell you the number of water bottles I have gone through during my time in college. While I am all for a nice Nalgene, hydro flasks are lifesavers on hot days when you just want a cold drink of water. I promise, of any gift you give this may actually be the most used of all of them.

4. Microwave

You can't tell me that you know a college student who doesn't need a microwave. Whether or not they have a meal plan, students will use a microwave on countless occasions throughout their collegiate careers,

5. Mini fridge

Flickr

This is just another one of those truly practical gifts. It may not be the flashiest of gifts, but it will be appreciated at the end of the day.

6. Shower kit

I remember someone giving me something similar to this when I graduated and I was super grateful for it. It meant I didn't have to spend money on the little things that I wouldn't think about when I first moved in. It's practical and overall an incredible gift.

7. School branded attire

Image: Unc socks | Etsy

Giving an incoming freshman school apparel is like winning the lottery. OK, so maybe not that far, but it can be fairly expensive to purchase school branded clothing so being able to save every penny is what counts.

8. Year's supply of laundry detergent

Wikimedia

We all wash laundry and no one ever wants to spend the money on detergent. This gift is not only a life saver, but a great money saver as well.

9. Dish set

Amazon Dish Set for College

This is another gift set that will be used throughout their time in college. Whether or not they use it frequently during their first year, students will end up using this for years to come.

10. Headphones

I can't tell you the number of pairs of headphones I've been through in the past three years. It's mainly because I don't feel the need to spend copious amounts of money on a nice pair of headphones. If they were given to me as a gift though, that would be a different story.

11. Planner

This is just another one of those things that is needed in college in order to balance the craziness of their day to day lives. It's also just another thing no one ever wants to pay for.

12. School supplies kit

Flickr

As with most of these gift ideas, this is a gift that is truly thoughtful. While it isn't the most extravagant, giving someone a nice set of pens and notebooks will be thoroughly appreciated at the end of the day.

13. First aid kit

It never fails that the times you need some ibuprofen or Advil always seems to be during the middle of the night when all the stores are closed. They may not realize it now., but giving an incoming college freshman a handy dandy first aid kit stocked with all the medication and bacterial wipes they could ever need is a game changer. Not to mention no one ever wants to spend copious amounts of money on medicine when they're sick.

14. Variety tea or coffee set

Twinings Tea Sampler

Every college student needs a strong selection of tea or coffee to keep them fueled and ready to make it through the stress of college.

15. Bike

Flickr

Most freshman can't have their cars on campus, and sometimes the buses are unreliable. That's why having a bike to ride around campus is such a great gift.

As you frantically search for the perfect gift to give the newly graduated high school seniors in your life, remember that they may not thank you at the moment for it, but wait a year and they'll realize just how life-saving your gift truly is.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.

From Your Site Articles