To The Graduating Seniors Of Centre College

13

This article is written to those who have greatly influenced my life in such a short period of time. It is written for the graduating senior class of Centre College, the Class of 2016.

When I arrived on Centre's campus 2 years ago, I never realized how quickly life can change. It was crazy to move from a city in Florida to a small town in the middle of Kentucky, and for a while everything moved slowly. I didn't know anyone. I was joining new teams and new clubs. I was in my first semester of college classes. Soon, however, I made friends. I joined teams and clubs and made an impact on them. And I passed all of my classes. Suddenly, I sit here writing as I complete my sophomore year of college. It was a slow blur for the first month here but it has since been the craziest, most fun, and fast blur of my life, and I credit the graduating class for much of it.

The Class of 2016 has taught me so much.

I became friends with them, and learned how to be a real friend. Some of them even became my sisters. They taught me what it means to love each one another unconditionally.

Two of them were my teammates. They taught me how to work hard for something with all of my heart. They taught me how to be a teammate. They taught me how to fiercely play and leave everything on the field.

I traveled abroad with some of them. We had some crazy memories- what happens in Costa Rica, stays in Costa Rica. They taught me how to let go. They taught me how to be myself, and have fun.

Some of them have held the door for me. Others have helped me figure out what was wrong with the printer in the SGA room. Some have guided me across campus. I have sat in awe of others while they talk foreign policy or music or any number of subjects I guarantee I will never obtain such a proficiency in.

What each of these have in common is that they have changed my life. They are the ones who have helped make my Centre experience into the craziest, most fun, and fast blur of my life. They have helped cultivate the Centre culture for the better in so many ways, big and small. I hope that I am having and will have the same impact on the classes who follow me.

You are an incredible group of people that I will never forget. Stay you, and celebrate this senior week. Good luck wherever you go.