To My Graduating Besties, Please Keep Being The You That Made You A Sister To Me

I mean every word.

368
unsplash.com

Dear Best Friends,

You’re like sisters to me and I have been blessed to have had you around all my life. Growing up sneaks up on you doesn’t it, and as we continue to grow, the journey becomes bittersweet. All of us going our separate ways and starting down our own paths.

I sincerely hope that we will stay friends or at least keep space in our hearts for all those great memories. Though there will be a distance between us, don’t forget to visit occasionally whether in person or in memories.

You’ve made me into the person I am today. Without you, I would have never become a such a fangirl or swing dancer. I would have never met some of the amazing people you introduced me to nor done some of the things you showed me.

Before we were friends I was shy and introverted, but you showed me it was okay to come out of my shell. We’ve watched each other grow up and become strong women and I am so proud of who both of you have become.

I will hold all the memories that we have made close to me and never forget.

Always remember, any romantic partner you may find will have to answer to me if they dare hurt you. Make sure they know it too. Tell them you have a crazy best friend (sister) that will always have your back no matter what. You better bring them home for me to meet at some point too.

Thank you for everything. For being there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on or making me laugh on days it seemed impossible to smile. For dreaming with me and encouraging me to pursue my own dreams.

For not thinking I was crazy and for being crazy with me. For pushing me out of my comfort zone even though I might not have been very thankful at the time. For being yourself around me and allowing me to be myself around you.

For accepting all my flaws and loving me still.

Good luck to you wherever life leads you. I know there are amazing things for you down the road because you are an amazing person. You deserve the best and don’t you forget that.

College is an amazing experience and I'm so happy you took the opportunity you had. Remember that the college experience is what you make it not what others say it always is like. Finals may suck sometimes but keep a positive attitude, it helps so much when stress levels are high.

Do not stress. Have fun and do your best. Make this experience a good one.

Also, remember you are beautiful. Remember you are loved. Remember that I will always be here for you even at 3:00 in the morning if necessary. Remember if you have a bad day there is always tomorrow to turn the week around.

Never be afraid to try new things or make new friends. Never let somebody make you believe that you have no other choice. Only you can decide what is best for you and that should always be what is best, not an I suppose this is the best I’ll get.

Never be afraid to just say no. No one can force you to do something you don’t want.

Don’t hide who you are because you’re afraid of what others may think. Just be you. The you that made you a sister to me.

I love you guys.

I mean every word that I said, so please never forget.

God bless you on your journey, and I hope are paths continue to cross throughout life.

Much love,

Abbie/Pinkie/Abzidoodles