The end of the semester is upon us, and before looking at our final grades it is important to remember that everything in life isn't so serious. Even if you didn't get the grade you wanted on your final, or didn't do so hot in one of your classes, there is more to life than our grades. We as students get so caught up in how well we do rather than how hard we tried. We consume ourselves with unnecessary stress because we feel as if we do badly in one class our life is over. When the truth is, in a year or so that test grade will just be a faint memory of the past.

Even if you do fail a class it is not the end of the world. You can take bad grades or situations and turn them into motivation to do better next time. Growing up, my parents always told me that if I believe I tried hard enough in school then that's all I can do, and if the grades are not where I want to be then push myself harder but not to worry too much. Most of us feel we are only worth the grades we make, which is the farthest thing from the truth. While getting an education is an amazing privilege, there is so much more to life than how "book smart" you are.

Who you are as a person and the qualities you carry affect the people in your life more than your GPA does. While it is still important to take advantage of this privilege and try your hardest, it should not consume you. So when you go to check your final grades keep in mind that you are worth more than your grades and that your life will keep going no matter your grade.

Best of luck!