"Gotta Catch 'em All" For Real

"Gotta Catch 'em All" For Real

Peace, Love, "Pokemon Go"

9
"Gotta Catch 'em All" For Real
You Tube

If there's one thing that could bring me and my quarreling siblings together for even an hour to play something together (until you lose a battle and get in a fight all over again) as children, it was Pokemon. Throughout the years, the creatures have been the stars of many seasons of TV shows, electronic games, movies, stuffed animals, figurines and even card games that no one actually knew how to play. As I've grown older, Pokemon seemed to fade away in importance from my life (unfortunately) but its never been something not to get excited about. Fortunately, we can all reminisce of our childhood dreams of becoming pokemon trainers with the creation of the smart phone app, "Pokemon Go".

"Pokémon Go" was released on July 7, 2016 in the United States. Every single young adult who spent their childhood running around imagining that they had Pikachu by their side, trading and throwing down their cards at recess, stopped everything that they were doing to start living out their childhood dream. "Pokémon Go" is an app that allows everyone who downloads it to explore their world through their phone’s GPS maps to visit landmarks for gyms, find wild Pokémon and discover Pokéstops where you can restock all your items. Downloading this app is like walking into a parallel universe, where everything looks the same except now you can see all the Pokémon out in your world, much like they were everywhere in the GameBoy games that were released when you were a child.

We get to tell our parents when we head out of the house that we’re going to go catch Pokémon even if we didn't get to head out when we were 10 years old, and that I need to be driven to the nearest Pokestop ASAP because you suck at throwing pokeballs as much as I do. It’s all real now, and the world is more surprising when you never known what Pokemon you may find around the corner.

We’re all kids again, people are getting outside, my siblings and I love to go on adventures together, and I'm more focused on my failing to catch a Bulbasaur, rather than getting to work on time.

I've got a piece of my childhood again, and one of my 7th graders has renamed all of my pokemon after himself. What more could you ask for?