The issue with deadlines and writing weekly is that I don’t generally want to do those things. It’s part of the reason I chose to do this, though. I wanted to make sure I kept writing regularly in my own voice versus the voice I use in papers and academic work.

Rather than thinking about what I’m going to write and planning it, my process has turned into that on Wednesdays during the hour between General Chemistry and Anatomy and Physiology I’m writing these articles and making sure they get done before the deadline that afternoon. It means that they are kind of currently just ramblings on what is on my mind, and that’s not really what I want to do for writing.

We all make commitments like these that have good intentions but don’t always turn out like we hope. I don’t dislike writing these and the writing is good for me, but at the same time, I am not necessarily a good fit for this group.

One of the big things about writing for Odyssey is sharing our articles. One of my big issues it that I don’t like to personally promote my work. Yes, I post a link on Facebook, but that’s about it, and I actually have to do that to submit my article.

They try to encourage us to post the link more than once and to several sites, but I don’t really have an urge to do that or the online connections. I understand the idea and how more views are better, but also I’m not entirely sure how to get those views and it’s just not my thing that I’m concerned about.

The other thing is that since starting college I have formed more commitments that I’m more committed to, and that’s okay, but I needed to let this commitment go because I can only do so much. I’m glad I did this for the short period of time that I did, and I urge others to try it out. I wish all the luck to this group.