Eight Drugstore Beauty Products I ABSOLUTELY Swear By

Because why pay $50 when you could pay $20?

161
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

My friends make fun of me for opting for cheaper options, but I think it's always smart to save. Unfortunately inexpensive can often be code for poorly made, so to save you all some time and money, I've compiled a list of my absolute favorite drugstore beauty products so we can all feel beautiful on a budget.

1. Maybelline Sky High Mascara

Maybelline

I got this product for Christmas, and immediately after I saw it blow up on Tik Tok. I have to say, this mascara is worth the hype. It elongates lashes significantly, especially with multiple coats, and gives great volume. My favorite part however is how light it is. It feels like wearing absolutely no product and it lasts all day.

$8.99 at Target

2. Neutrogena Healthy Lashes Lash Enhancer Serum

Neutrogena

I have absolutely seen a difference from using this product simply once a day for the past month. When I curl my lashes now they look like I already have a coat of mascara on, and they stand out perfectly when I do take the time to apply mascara. It's super simple to use - just paint the serum on like eyeliner once a day. Added bonus: I am thoroughly clumsy and have absolutely painted directly onto my eyeball before and I didn't feel a thing. Safe, simple, and quick results.

$12.99 at Target

3. NYX Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette

NYX Ultimate

This palette comes in seven variations, both colorful and neutral. I have the rainbow one, and while I don't do a ton of exceptionally colorful makeup, when I do I am so grateful for this palette. The pigment is honestly exceptional for the price point, and it comes in 16 different shades. It is a little pricier than the other options on this list, but for an eyeshadow palette, it really is a good price. I'm planning on getting either the brown or gold/orange edition soon.

$17.99 at Target

4. Wet n Wild Prime Focus Hydrating Primer Serum

Amazon

Not only is this pink product incredibly pretty, it's also vegan, cruelty free, gluten free, and designed to work for all skin types. It is hydrating and works well with a moisturized face, and it's completely non-greasy. I have been using this serum for months and have never had any breakouts or acne responses. It's also super lightweight and frankly fun to put on, as the serum dropper always makes me feel as if I'm using something fancier than it is.

$7.99 at Target

5. Revlon Photo Ready Eye Art

Walmart

I got this just for fun, because I like gold and sparkles. I have the Topaz Twinkle shade, and I absolutely LOVE it. It comes with two ends, a slightly fatter applicator in a shiny metallic gold and a thin brush in liquid gold sparkles. Both are liquid, easy to use, and honestly amazing for being a little bit extra with an eye look. I usually do a slight eyeliner, although it can be either liner or eyeshadow, and it adds a perfect pop of gold for a special occasion.

$5.99 on Amazon

6. e.l.f Eyeliner Pen

Elf Cosmetics

Okay, no one comes at me for this: I've had the same eyeliner for about 6 years now, and it's this one. I clearly don't wear eyeliner a ton, so I suppose you could take this with a grain of salt but I have to say this one truly withstands the test of time. Plus every time I do wear it looks great and doesn't smudge, while still easily coming off when I remove my makeup at night. And just in case my lack of eyeliner experience is clouding my judgment and you end up hating it, you've wasted less money than buying a drink at Starbucks. Price to quality I'd say it by far exceeds expectations.

$3.00 from e.l.f cosmetics online

7. e.l.f. 16 hr Camo Concealer

Huda Beauty

This is seriously the best drugstore concealer I've ever found. It's the best shade match by far, and it feels light putting it on. My skin is on the dryer side, so often when I try a concealer it becomes noticeable by the end of the day because it really dries out my skin. This is quite seriously the only one I've found that covers fully without making a dry appearance by the end of the day.

$6.00 at Target

8. e.l.f.  Lip Plumping Gloss

Target

This product is super pretty, both in the package and to wear. It has a beautiful light shimmer and it's a great gloss. The best part is that it really does work as a lip plumper, and it doesn't hurt at all. You can definitely feel it working but in all honesty, I didn't even realize it wasn't a gloss until I read the label and put together why I liked how it looks so much. Bonus? It's cruelty-free!

$6.00 at Target

Drugstore makeup doesn't make it any less nice (usually).