The 12 Hardest Things To Learn As You Enter Adulthood
Life Stages

Learning as you go is what adulthood is all about.

274
Sade Yinger

After graduating, there were a lot of things I had to figure out on my own because I wasn't fully taught in high school. Learning these things build character. The struggles to find your way in life can create the great person you know you can be. We can learn great things as we develop throughout the journey of adulthood.

Here are 12 of the hardest things to learn as you enter adulthood.

1. All of the options you have after graduation

It's hard to be aware of every opportunity you could potentially have. Trade school? Four-year college? Community college? Military? Workforce? It's all out there for us to decide. We have to figure out what's best for our lives. (Sometimes you don't figure this out right away which is very normal.)

2. How to file taxes

Even the word "taxes" seems a little too "adult-like" to me.

3. How to be smart about your money

Whether this be learning to take out loans, budgeting, making smart financial decisions; there is a lot of room for error if you don't learn early on in adulthood.

4. How to be appealing to a future employer

This means learning to write a professional resume/cover letter and being able to rock an interview,

5. How to participate in politics

It's the American duty to be properly educated on politics and exercising those rights by registering to vote.

6. The basics in having a car 

We should all be informed on the basic upkeep of your vehicle; such as getting regular oil changes

7. Learning about consent

This is something high school sex ed doesn't cover but definitely should.

8. How to properly cope with your emotions

Taking care of yourself is an important role in properly dealing with emotional stress.

9. Making eco-friendly choices to help the environment

Our generation needs to focus on making better choices for our Earth before there's nothing left to save.

10. How to eat healthy 

Despite busy schedules and pesky cravings, learning to eat better is a sign you're growing up. You suddenly understand why your mom always said "no" to McDonald's because there is food at home.

11. How to time manage

Juggling work, schooling, social life, fitness, family-time, etc. forces you to learn to make time for all of the things in your life.

12. How to gain confidence in yourself

When you reach a certain age you stop caring about what others think/say. You gain the confidence in your life choices and rock 'em. You unapologetically live your life the way you want to.