Going Gold, Do It #ForTheKids

Going Gold, Do It #ForTheKids

September is pediatric cancer awareness month. Are you ready to step up and spread the word?

35
St. Baldricks

September is pediatric cancer awareness month and part of spreading the word has to do with “going gold.” Gold is the color for pediatric cancer, and by going gold, you can spread the mission in such a simple way.

Every day 43 children are diagnosed with cancer. That means approximately 15,700 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year and yet pediatric cancer is one of the least funded when it comes to research. The National Cancer Institute only gives 4% of their budget to childhood cancer.

We always hear about breast cancer awareness (which is in October) and other types of cancer but when are we going to think about the kids? Children are the future and yet 17% of the children who are diagnosed with cancer will not survive more than 5 years after diagnosis.

I have been beyond lucky enough to meet some of the children battling cancer, some who are just infants and barely have a fighting chance. Seeing these kids has made pediatric cancer one of the things I have become so beyond passionate about. These are the kids that deserve a shot. We should be working on find the cure so that these kids have a fighting chance just like the rest of us.

It’s time for you to step up and spread the word. Join the mission and do it for the kids. There are so many you can show your support against the fight with pediatric cancer. Here is a list just to name a few J

Just a few simple ways you can support the fight against pediatric cancer:

~Buy a love your melon hat: they put a hat on every kid battling cancer and give 50% of profits to nonprofit partners who are leading the fight

~Donate to Pinky Swear: started by a boy who died from cancer and is continued by his dad. They provide financial support to families with kids undergoing treatment

~Donate to Cure Search: does research specifically with childhood cancer.

~Support Alex’s Lemonade Stand: raises money and spreads awareness of childhood cancer and empowers people to make difference, especially children.

So what is stopping you from going gold?

Do it for the kids.