God's Timing Is Everything

God's Timing Is Everything

Trust and have patience in Him.

447
God's Timing Is Everything
Savannah Hand
God's timing can be powerful, so believe that He will answer your prayers when they are needed to be answered.

1. Patience

Speaking as a 20 year old college student, patience is not always a strong suit. Young adults have been raised in a world with "we want it now" attitudes. The sheer horror of watching commercials and standing in endless grocery lines is something most millennials avoid. Now, people have the ability to pay a little fee to skip ads, or download an app to pick up groceries. But when it comes to God's timing, you can't get ahead. You can't pay some money or download an app so that God will answer your prayer first. You must graciously accept that patience is just what some situations need.

*1 Corinthians 13:4, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

2. Trusting in Him

There are usually a handful of people that a person can truly trust. Trust is a hard thing to give to someone. But it shouldn't be a hard thing to give to God. If there is one person who loves you no matter what, it is God. His love for you is more than enough for you to put all of your trust in Him. Trust that God knows you better than you know yourself, He will take care of you.

*Psalm 56:3, "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."

3. Respecting His answer

God's timing is mysterious, answers can be immediate, a few months or years later. Sometimes, He takes you on a different path, and it can be difficult to understand why. God's answer can be a 180 twist on what you think you need. God's answer to your prayers is also not always the answer you want. God knows you, He knows what you need, even before you know you need it. So respect that God's plan for you is special, His answers to your prayers are those answers for a reason.

*Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..."

4. Thanking Him

Thanking God should be in every prayer. Thanking Him for listening to your prayer and asking for his answer as it pleases His will for you, needs to be a priority. It can be easy to receive an answer to a prayer and forget to thank God for it-everyone does that. But start thanking Him for the wonderful blessings and what's to come in His plan for you.

*Colossians 2:6-7: So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.