gods promisesfaithhopefaithchristianity
Religion

There Is A human limitation on God-size promises

Separating The Actions Of Man & The Capabilities Of God

470
novotempo.com

I don't know about you, but I find it a lot easier to encourage the promises of God to the people around me than to believe them for myself. Not only is it easier for me, I feel somewhat of a moral responsibility to be the voice that reminds others of the incredible things to come for them. I believe it with my whole heart that no matter the situation, it is always going to get better for the people my life.

So why is it so hard to believe that for myself?

We become jaded by our own disappointment from people, that we expect God to let us down in those areas, too. When we live with this approach, we give people entirely too much power, and ultimately, put a human limitation on our God-size promises

Think about an area in your life where you have experienced disappointed. Maybe it was a friendship that didn't last, a romantic relationship ending or a job that didn't work out. Honestly ask yourself, do you doubt God's ability to fulfill his promises in that area of your life? Do you really believe that He has a plan for you, one that promises a hope and a future? (Jeremiah 29:11) Are you expecting God to fail you, in the same way that person failed you before? I know in my own life, I've struggled to believe there was more for me than the letdowns that I had experienced.

We have to make the conscious and deliberate decision to separate the actions of man and the capabilities of God. God's promises are not contingent on the ability of others. Thank God this is the case because I feel like I am constantly letting others down. Honestly, I am not comfortable with the thought of others feeling like I could even come close to limiting God's amazing plan for their lives. When we accept how much bigger God is than us, it allows us to take the pressure off of one another. After all, we are all just doing our best.

It is vital that we destroy this way of living because if we don't, we are putting a cap on our potential. Simply put, we are allowing the mistakes of others define our hopes of tomorrow.

We have to consider ourselves as more than candidates. God is not walking around with a bucket of blessings, passing them around like handouts to whoever walks by. You have blessings that have your name written on them. They are not for anyone else. God's blessings for you line up perfectly with the exact way your life has gone up to this very moment.

You have permission to walk in confidence. God has been and always will be in the details of your entire existence. Live in anticipation.