God Wants You Back

God Wants You Back

"But in their distress, they turned to the LORD God of Israel, and they sought Him, and He let them find Him.” --2 Chronicles 15:4

14
God Wants You Back

“I’m thankful that God hasn’t let me go, because I’ve let Him go, lots of times. He rescued me and continues to amaze me with things that are beyond what I deserve for myself.”

Have you ever let God go? I will be the first to admit that I have. Sometimes tragedies occur in our lives and we do not understand why. We then find ourselves angry with God, even blaming Him and not trusting His plans. Other times we may just think that we can do this life on our own, without His help and guidance. But I am here to tell you that we can’t do this life on our own. We need God, with every fiber of our being.

For me personally, God rescued me from a dark place that was I. I had become someone who I wasn’t just to fit in with people who didn’t even care about me, at least not the real me. At this time of my life, I felt so far from God. I felt so much shame, guilt and overall unworthiness. I felt that there was no way back to Him or not enough forgiveness that could be given for the things I had done. Luckily, I was wrong.

"But in their distress, they turned to the LORD God of Israel, and they sought Him, and He let them find Him.” - 2 Chronicles 15:4

When we honestly seek God, He will reveal Himself to us. He will heal us from our brokenness and create something beautiful. No matter how damaged you think you may be, God can and will use you. And guess what? He forgives. He is merciful toward us when we least deserve it because we are His children and He loves us. All that God asks of us in return is to obey His commands.

“I seek you with all of my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.” - Psalm 119:10

When we stray from God and His commands, we begin to live for this world -- the world that glorifies and worships sin. Not a good place to be, right? But our culture has normalized sin and we have slowly become desensitized to it without even realizing it. As Christians, we have to fight to keep our minds pure and maintain a steady relationship with our Savior. However, even when our faith waivers, God does not. God offers forgiveness when we repent from our wrongdoings and turn our eyes away from sin and onto Him. God wants us back. He has a purpose and is calling for each and every one of us.

“But if you return to Me and keep My commandments and do them, though those of you who have been scattered were in the most remote part of the heavens, I will gather them from there and will bring them to the place where I have chosen to cause My name to dwell.” - Nehemiah 1:9