Believe Me, I Know It’s Hard, But We Have To Trust God When He Asks Us To Walk Away From Temporary People

His plan is greater than any of our own desires.

30

Recently I've been going through a "transition phase" in my life. God has put some new, amazing people into my life, but He's also asked me to walk away from some, too. And believe me, it's been anything but easy.

If you're anything like me, you may find letting go of old relationships or friendships to be extremely difficult. Even when you know that they offer little room for growth and betterment, a little part of you just can't seem to walk away. Sometimes, though, we have to realize that God puts people in our lives just to teach us something, and then He may ask us to continue moving.

Sometimes God gives us temporary people, and that's OK. It's difficult and painful to let go, but we have to trust that God knows better than us, and He wants to do what is best for our lives. So, if He asks you to walk away from a relationship that is no longer able to serve you, you have to trust His judgment.

But like I said, it isn't easy. Sometimes I get frustrated with God. I wonder why He would put such an amazing person in my life only to pull me away from them shortly after. Part of me wants to keep those relationships forever, even if I know that things have changed. A lot of the time I still want to hold onto the past. But God knows when I need to keep moving forward.

I just have to remember that God says to us, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future," in Jeremiah 29:11. This passage serves as a reminder to us that God knows what is best for us, and He doesn't want to hurt us. There is a purpose behind every action in our lives, and we have to trust that God will lead us where we are meant to be, with who we are meant to be around.

So, if God is asking you to walk away from someone, trust in His plan. It won't be easy, but it'll be worth it, even if you can't see it now. When we let God take charge of our lives, things will always turn out just as they are meant to.