God Promised Me A Miracle And On The 7th Day It Happened

I was paralyzed for 7 days, on the 3rd day God spoke that on the 7th day, I would walk.

9

On July 16, 2017, is a day I will never forget. It was a day where I learned that life is short and we can leave at any moment.

It was a warm Sunday, I took off from work to be able to help mom with the food selling at our church. I had helped her from 7 in the morning until 2, so we can get ready for church at 3 pm. We managed clean, organize and shower real quick. We arrived at church, the service was great. The sermon was about to start when it happened.

I was sitting in the first row, with tears down my cheeks. My mother was sitting up on the altar when she came down and asked, "Que pasa?" (What happened). I told her that I shouldn't breathe, I felt as if someone had punched me right in the chest. I have asthma, so I assumed I was having an Asthma Attack and of course, I didn't have my medications with me. My mother's friend had to take me home to get the medications. As she drove me back, the medications weren't working, my legs started getting numb and I just thought, "Why?" Once we got back to church, I sat in the kitchen and my hands started getting numb.

The service had just finished and my legs were now not functioning. My mother had taken me to Southside Hospital where, the doctor said, "Your daughter is fine, I got other patients with more serious conditions than her." Can you believe that? A doctor didn't want or wouldn't treat me, didn't want to help me. I couldn't breathe and at that point, I couldn't walk either. My father meets with us. My mother had to go on one side and father on the other, to drag my body to the car, I couldn't move nor feel my legs or arms. I was literally numb from the neck down to my toes.

We finally arrived at Good Samaritan Hospital, where they took me in right away. They starting doing MRI, CTs, X-Rays, blood work and all results were normal.

Day 1 to day 5 was the same test. The same numbness, the same situation. There was a point where I asked God to take me. I couldn't understand why I was going through this. Why me? Why now?

Nevertheless, on the 3rd day, a friend from another church who God uses powerfully had a word. God spoke through her and said that it was a process that I am going through. That on the 7th day I will stand and be able to walk again. I started to believe God's word when that afternoon when I slowly started feeling my legs. It was all going well until the next day I went back to feeling numb and not being able to move. I started to lack my faith and question what God had promised me.

On the 5th day, I was told by one of the doctors that I had to be transferred to another hospital. He said "Our hospital has done the absolute most that we could do. All your results came out normal. We've done all the tests and procedures that we can possibly can. But there is one more exam that must be done but in another hospital. We have to transfer you to Stony Brook Hospital."

As I was being transferred that afternoon on July 22, I thought to myself, "This is it. I'm going to stay paralyzed forever." That Friday and Saturday felt the same as other days as I waited to get my next procedure scheduled. On Saturday night, I went to sleep with tears on my cheeks.

On Sunday morning, I had woken up different. I was in a positive mood and had forgotten that I was paralyzed. My mother was sleeping in the chair next to me. I needed to use the restroom but I didn't want to wake her up. All of a sudden, I just decided to stand up without thinking about it. I started taking baby steps to the bathroom as I held onto the wall. When I came out of the bathroom, my mother had panicked not seeing me in bed. I was finally walking even if it was baby steps

Within minutes, many doctors had come to see the miracle happen. They just couldn't believe their eyes. They couldn't believe how a 17-year old girl had just stood up from being paralyzed for a week. At the moment, I had remembered what God had promised me before, it was the 7th day when I started walking. Monday, July 24, one in the afternoon, I was on my way to Taco Bell then finally my home.