God, I Know You're Up There

God, I Know You're Up There

12

When something not-so-great happens, people often wonder why God let it occur in the first place. They question the validity of their faith when they are presented with an awful situation that they must now deal with. They want answers, and they want them now. Some get them, while others do not. In my opinion, that is one of the worst feelings ever: not knowing why it had to happen to you. Not knowing why you are in this

Like many others, I self-reflect at the end of each and every day. Whether or not I had a good day, I do know that it can only go up from here. Even on my worst days, I know that everything that is not working out is temporary. It is easier said than done, but I know that all of my worries and fears will not matter in the future, because God does have a plan for me.

The good days always outweigh the bad ones, which is one of the greatest things about life. Though it is tempting to let negativity take over, as it is such a powerful emotion. At times, it is simultaneously unbearable and seemingly ruthless. It can take a toll on our attitude, behavior, and personal relationships. All in all, life does have its ways of outsmarting us and making us feel like there is nothing we can do to conquer it. There is, however, one very powerful force that helps me to keep on pushing and wanting to succeed: faith. It is such a beautiful concept that I hope everyone can believe in one day, because it does, in fact, exist in ways that are often unnoticeable.

When something extraordinary happens, I cannot help but say thank God. Yes, thank you God for giving me the strength to keep pushing. Thank you for believing in me, especially when I have little confidence in my ability to succeed. Most importantly, thank you for giving me some to believe in.

Whether they benefit us or not, life throws us curveballs every day. I cannot help but wonder if some things I have experienced are ever going to make sense. In all honesty, some of it never will. However, what I do know is that the present is what truly matters. It is time for me to take a look in the mirror and realize that life goes on, with or without what I have wanted for myself.

Thank you, God, for everything thus far. The future is most definitely bright, and I know that because I can already feel its presence.