Hey Christians, it's time to drop your stones

hey christians, it's time to drop your stones

God is love.

328

I've noticed a lot of hate exuding from people claiming to be "Christian." Whether they exude a passive type of hate or a picketing type of hate, I have felt convicted to set something straight.

God is LOVE.

But, how is the world supposed to know that when we have "Christians" misrepresenting who God is through hate?

We have "Christians" picketing at concerts and even funerals. Claiming that God HATES these people.

We have "Christians" that claim God hates LGBTQ+.

We have "Christians" condemning people to Hell as if they have that power.

We have "Christians" refusing to serve gays.

We have "Christians" judging anyone who violates morals they deem acceptable.

We have "Christians" who hate their leaders.

We have "Christians" who refuse to love.

When will it stop?

Did Jesus not eat with the tax collectors? The prostitutes? The publicans? Jesus ate WITH outcasts.

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Matthew 22:37-39

Why are Christians ignoring this commandment?

Yes, Christians are called to live for Christ, but we are not called to force others to live for Him. We are not called to hate those who do not know God. We are not called to force our personal convictions onto other people.

God gave everyone freewill and who are we to take that from anyone? To Christians out there who want to live to glorify God, attacking people you think are "sinners" is not the way to do it.

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, you must love one other."

I charge all Christians to drop their stones. We are ALL sinners, Christian or not, and God loves us all the same.

To those who have had a bad experience with Christians, I apologize. I apologize for them. I don't want you to think they represent the God I love. The God I love; loves YOU. He loves you for everything that you are and He accepts you.

To those claiming to be Christian by spreading hate and condemning others in God's name, shame on you. You are sitting in a seat that is not meant for you and through your actions you're turning people away from God.

"It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, God's job to judge and my job to love." Billy Graham

Stop trying to change the world by changing others, if you want to change the world you must begin with yourself.

"I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."