Goals For The New Year

Goals For The New Year

Setting goals will help me grow as a person.

The New Year is just around the corner and just like everyone else, I am going to try and have New Year’s Resolutions, but this time I might actually keep them. Some of mine may be classic and regular resolutions but I really do want to change and improve my life in this next year by starting out with just simple things to keep me going and strong.

My first goal is to start exercising more and to try and lose my freshman weight. Yeah I know that everyone does this one, but I just want to be healthy. I realized this semester that I do way more sitting and laying down than I do actually moving. Apart from being fit and muscular, I want to get my energy back to where I can’t cut myself any slack for being lazy.

My second goal is to focus on myself. I am tired of bending to the will of others to the point where I never focus on what I want to do. I want to stand my ground and not be spineless. I don’t want to be the person that everyone just assumes will take care of their little problems, I mean, don’t get me wrong I love helping people but I’m not a servant or a waiter. I can’t drop everything I’m doing all the time at the mercy of everyone else and leave my own needs swept under the rug.

My third goal is to read more. When I was younger I was an avid reader but I’ve lost that touch in the last few years and I really want to get back into that habit. There are so many novels and screenplays and works that I would love to get my hands on but I always tell myself that I never have to time to. I want to make more time for reading because I know that by reading more I’m gaining more personal time.

My fourth goal is to spend time with the people I care about and who care about me. Although I don’t want to cut ties with some people, I know that for my health there are just some people that I need to see less of in my life. Plus I just want to enjoy the time I have with people who I enjoy to be around and who genuinely want to be around me. I don’t like it when people pretend to like being around me, so this next year, I will be saving myself and others grief by spending time with the people I care about and with those who care about me.

Although I don’t have many resolutions, I do think that holding onto these goals in the next year will help me grow as a person to become someone who is sure of herself and confident in her actions. I look forward to all the new twists and turns that are in store for me and I know that with whatever happens, I’ll become someone who is sure of herself.