Ole Miss Is And Always Will Be My Dream School

Ole Miss is a family tradition, it’s my home away from home, my dream school, and there’s so much history here.

1080
Instagram

Ole Miss has always been in my blood. Its a family tradition, it’s my home away from home, my dream school, and there’s so much history here.

My whole family has gone to Ole Miss and carried this tradition. When I was applying for colleges I knew that I was going to apply here but I didn’t want to go here, I wanted to be different and I didn’t want to follow tradition, but here I am and I’m glad I did because I get to hang my Ole Miss diploma right with the rest of my family. I couldn’t come here. The Grove, the lifestyle, the traditions within the school, it's my favorite place to be. I'm going to miss it so much when I graduate.

Ole Miss is my home away from home even though I’m not that far away, to begin with. I’m from Tupelo, MS so I can drive about an hour and see my family, my dog, or get a home-cooked meal really any time I want. But on the busy days or when I really just don’t want to drive, Oxford is where I love to be. I have my friends, my job, and my life I created for myself here and I love it. I will always come back to visit good ol’ Oxford, MS.

Every kid has a dream growing up, it might change from time to time and be extremely different one year to another, but it’s there. My dream was always to go to Ole Miss just like my mom and dad and graduate and then go on to law school and eventually be a news anchor hopefully on the Today Show!

I could always see it happening and knew that if I worked hard enough I could make it come true. Ever since I was little, I was decked out in Ole Miss gear, from cheerleading uniforms to t-shirts, to socks with red and blue pom's on them. Ole Miss had my heart and I knew I wanted it to be a part of my life and be a part of helping me live out my dream.

Also, the amount of history at this school is amazing, from back to being founded in 1848, to James Meredith, to now with the flag and the mascot debates still happening. I never knew how much I liked history until you catch yourself walking around campus just taking it all in. There is so much here to know and respect.

I mean there was a building on campus used as a hospital during the Civil War, that’s how long some of these building have been around, it’s simply amazing to truly know and understand everything that has happened at this school and on these grounds that we walk on every day from Lamar to Bishop.

From brawls with segregation to wanting to take our state flag down at a flagship university and completely changing our mascot from Colonel Rebel to a land shark, we are on a campus that is constantly making history and who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?

Ole Miss was the best place for me, and I’m so glad I made the decision to come back and live out my dream.