Give Yourself A Bit Of Love

Give Yourself A Bit Of Love

Creating a healthy mind.

11
Give Yourself A Bit Of Love
Taylor Ke

Summer is soon coming to an end and school is starting back up bringing about stress and uneasiness. Entering the new school year with a healthy and clear mind ensures a more positive outcome for yourself and these are some of the ways to do so.

1. Don't focus on the bad.

Whatever it is it's always going to be there unless something changes and until then pay it little mind. It was hard for me at first, involving myself in drama or actively participating in arguments, I seemed to be drawn to the negativity and it only made me feel worse.

2. Welcome change.

This is a healthy start to healthy living. Whether it becomes a physical change in your diet or a mental, one try not to consume the bad stuff. I wanted to try feeling better about myself in mind and body so I kept all the bad things from me, bad ideas, thoughts and sometimes bad food but this girl has a sweet tooth.

3. Cut out any negative energy.

If there is more than one person (yourself) bringing you down then you will face more struggle than need be. Feeling bad about yourself is hard enough, you don't need others pointing our your flaws, ones that you are well aware of. You need someone that will help you embrace them.

4. Look for other options.

If you are in the face of a stressful decisions most of the time you are focused on only one answer, granted it wont be your ideal but try and find other solutions. They could end up leading you to where you really need to be. I believe that right now in my life, I've had the best mentality yet. I think that's amazing because many of the choices I made for myself weren't ideal, and until recently I was very unsure of them.

5. Love yourself.

A little vanity can be a great self esteem booster and helps remind you that what you're doing is for you and nobody else. Learn to love your body and your mind and get acquainted with all aspects of yourself. Take those selfies if need be, a little self love never hurt!

6. Take some time to be on your own.

Create a space in which an independent you thrives and becomes stronger in the process. I cannot stress this enough, to grow you need to have your own space that accommodates to you. If you cannot be alone with yourself, then that means that you do not find yourself comforting.

7. Focus on friends.

Find out who you really enjoy being with, and who brings out the best/worst in you. These are two extremes and two parts of you that only certain people are able to tap into, find them and decide for yourself if you only want the good or a mixture of both.

8. Let yourself thrive.

Take up a new hobby or go back to an old one, it is never too late to do the things that make you happy. Writing helps me center myself and calms my mind, what about you?

9. Flourish.

You are a beautiful being that was created through human connection, love, perseverance, and pain. We all have all these feelings building inside of us. Nothing is wrong with feeling down or sad, nothing at all, we are only human. However, creating a place within yourself that relieves yourself of the struggles of everyday life will help keep you going in this world. That is all you need to sow a seed a happiness inside yourself.