Give Your Loved Ones A Chance

Give Your Loved Ones A Chance

Because you never know when they could be gone.
0

Some of you have not experencied the loss of a family member and some of you have. I lost my father in September of 2015 and it was very hard on my family and I. What was even harder was the fact that I refused to talk to my dad for the longest time because I was mad at him. I wouldn't answer his calls because I didn't want to talk to him, I would ignore his texts because I didn't want to reply. I cared more about my own feelings than I ever did about his. And today I would do anything to get a call or a text from him and I would reply in a heartbeat, i would do anything to hangout with him for a day, but I no longer have that option. I no longer can send him a text or call him or see him.

The point of this article is to make sure you talk to your father or even your mother. Keep in touch with the ones that love you dearly even if they've made mistakes in the past. You should forgive them because one day they won't be here anymore and you will feel the weight of the world come down on you. Sometimes you will think that there can't be anything worse than being mad at your father and that you would rather just ignore them because you believe that there is no way you can forgive them. I'm not saying forgive them the first time you talk to them, but just talk to them and give them a chance. Talk to them as much as you can, spend as much time as you can with them because they could be gone in the blink of an eye. You can always try to forgive and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But, I didn't even give him a chance. A month before he passed away I had a phone call from him saying he loved me and to give him a call back when I can, I never called back. I wish I would've, I still have that phone that the message is on and it's still on there so I can listen to it whenever I want. Please give your loved ones the time of day and a chance.