Girls Guide To Less Stressful Mornings

Smart Girl's Guide To Stress Free Mornings

Do you ever feel like no matter how much sleep you get, you will still wake up exhausted, tired, and begging for just 'five more minutes'?

21
Credit: InstagramInstagram.com

It's 6:45 and the first bell rings at 7:30. You haven't even opened your eyes yet, but feeling the warmth of sunshine illuminating on your body, you can already tell that it's just one of those days. You know the ones- where every minute counts if you're trying to be on time. 6:46- brush those teeth, 6:47- braid your hair. 6:55 and you're out the door but of course- you forgot your purse! We all have these days. The ones where you go to turn on the car and realize the keys are upstairs-inside the house- you know, where the door is locked, shut, and all the convenient lights are off. UGH. Well, say goodbye to this morning stress that makes you want to jump back under the covers before you've even seen the light- this smart girl's guide to stress-free mornings will make you wanna wake up to a fresh pot of coffee brewing before sunrise.

Pick your outfit the night before!

This tip is a total lifesaver! When I wake up in the morning, the last thing I wanna do is contemplate whether or not my only clean navy blue T-shirt can be matched with black ripped jeans. Spoiler Alert: These colors are hard to make work together! Choosing an outfit the night before can save you from stress and from wearing sweatpants every single day for the rest of your school-attending life.

Get into a routine!

A routine is everything. You need to know what time is shower time, what hairstyle you'll have, whether or not the wet hair will work with it, etc.

Maintain a To-Do List or a time schedule.

Likewise, along with a routine, a time schedule is a necessity for a stress-free, smart morning girl. Even when it comes to other actions like weekends or tons of homework, knowing your next move and where it falls on a schedule will save you from being lazy and overusing breaks.

Prioritize!

What is most important? Glam Makeup, or washing your hair after a couple days of no washing? Or even more so, what is more important, straight hair or a few extra Z's? Make sure you're putting what is most important at the top of the list and prioritizing what means more to you. It's totally cool if you find extra sleep more important than flat ironed hair. Self-care is real, sister.

Feel free to kill it naturally!

Makeup is gorgeous, and so is a naturally beautiful girl. Don't stress if you have run out of time and need to run out of the door with a bare face. Let your skin breathe! And if time allows the night before, perhaps you can throw on a moisturizing facial mask the night before, to wake up with a glowing complexion the next day.

Familiarize yourself with cute and simple hairstyles that can be done with ease that make you feel comfortable and cute.

Hello, braids and bandeau babe! Don't ever let anyone tell you that braids are for little girls or ponytails are exclusively for the gym. Who says you can't rock French braids with a bodycon dress? When you wear a cute outfit, you don't always have to pair it with a flat ironed or curled style. Sometimes messy and stylish go hand in hand.

Set out the exact tools and products that you will need, the night before. 

If you know you're going to be rushing it in the morning, try your best to lay out your morning products where you'll see them. When you don't wake up groggy and stressed, you'll be thankful for your organizational actions the night before!

Honestly, the key to stress-free mornings is just patience and organization. Don't get stressed. You will make it where you're supposed to be, and on time, too!