To My Guy Friends, I'm Not Sure How I Did Life Without You

I try and tell you all every day, but you never will really know how I found so much meaning in myself because I now have all of you.

341
Anneke Walsh Original

To my guy friends,

I don’t even know where to begin. I’d probably like to start out with the fact that, as will become obvious at the end of this article, that you have changed my life in so many ways. The smiles and laughs we’ve shared, the nights we will never forget, the tears we’ve shed, and the memories I will have to last me a lifetime. The fact that I went so long without you all in my life is absolutely insane to me because I certainly can’t imagine going on without you now.

When I first met each of you I was just a shy and nervous girl trying to find her way around this crazy new thing we call adulting. To think about the times I passed you walking around campus or saw you in the hallways, it’s weird to think I had no idea how important you would be in my life. From the first moment, we started talking though it was nothing but smiles.

I probably said some quirky jokes and made some awkward comments, so I have to thank you for seeing past that and sticking with me. Of course, as time went on we got into some of the deeper parts of who I was and parts of my life. I again have to thank you for seeing that side of me and deciding to stay. But I would be remiss to also not thank you for sharing those intimate parts of your life with me. Through this, you became an instrumental part of my life, but even beyond that, you all did more than I could have ever asked for.

The days I was down and sad you were there for me. I got texts saying how much you cared, candy brought to my door, and even just the days that all I needed a hug you were there ready to go. I have always struggled a lot with coming into myself and being comfortable with who I am.

And you are definitely the people who helped me solidify that who I am is what makes me so amazing. Every day at least one of you has told me I’m beautiful, I’m kind, I’m funny, or that I’m off to do great things. You got my butt in the gym and motivated me to be nothing but the best version of myself.

And you certainly were one of the first ones to tell me that any guy who didn’t see what you saw in me was just a lunatic. I finally am at a place in my life where nobody can tear me down or diminish the things I’ve done. And when I get close to feeling that way, you all have been there for me. From late night talks to chasing each other around like toddlers, you all have put the biggest smiles on my face.

You have all become the big brothers I always wanted. You will never truly know how much it means to me to have you all come sit at a table with just me and eat lunch together. Or perhaps when I get dressed up one day and you shower me with compliments.

You will never know the warmth my heart feels when you wipe away my tears and tell me how you hate to see me cry. You may see the big smile creep across my face when you talk about beating people up for me or the approval’s my boyfriends will need to get from you, but you will never know exactly how important that is in my life.

I hope till the end of our days, for the good and the bad times, you will always be in my life. I try and tell you all every day, but you never will really know how I found so much meaning in myself because I now have all of you.