To The Girl Who Wants To Join A Sorority

Don't be afraid to branch out.

355
Flickr

College is an awesome experience with or without greek life. Don't pressure yourself to do it. But challenge your self to get out there and explore. Coming from a girl who wanted to join a sorority but didn't-- I look back and regret it.

Sororities are not what they look like in the movies. They actually have some pretty nice girls that do so much for their community. They each have their own qualities that make them unique and had something for everyone.

Don't worry about not fitting in, there are a lot of girls who have felt that way and found a sorority that fits their personality the best. That is what recruitment is about, finding your best-fit home.

Some really helpful things that come from a sorority is the library hours you have to complete each week. This helps keep your GPA up, which in college is extremely helpful. Don't be afraid to try something different

Always consider the options when thinking about joining a sorority. They are fun and friendly girls, and there are so many sororities to choose from. Never be pressured to join do it because you want to and if you don't join let that be your choice, not someone else.

As my mother always told me 'make a decision that you can lay your head down to sleep and be okay with it.' she had some really wise words when I went to join. Only thing is I never did join one andI'm still struggling with to ask myself if I still wanna join or not.

Do what your heart desires because who knows, joining a sisterhood might not be that bad. It could be all fun and interesting to experience. I work with a lot of sorority sisters and they are really fun to be around. You can learn a lot from them by just hanging out with them.

Also, if you don't decide to join you can always speak with one and they could invite you to a party where they try to find PNM also referred to as potential new members. I went to one with Zeta Tau Alpha and it was fun we made little Halloween trail mix bags.

Again never be afraid to branch out in college. Sororities help big time because they have some awesome connections from what I hear. Those connections can help you get a job depending on the situation.

Sororities are good for making friendships and sisters. Also, they are good with social networking which are good for getting jobs.

Never be afraid to branch out in college, it really helps. Especially when you want to meet new people. If you miss recruitment for the fall semester don't fret you can always do spring recruitment.

Also, remember this college sororities are not like what you see in movies. They are a lot more mature and down to Earth and are involved with their philanthropy.