"Girl, Stop Apologizing" Is The Proper Tribute To Women

"Girl, Stop Apologizing" Is The Inspiring Novel That All Women Need

Rachel Hollis and her empowering novels are some of the most inspiring influences for women all over the world.

11
Shelby Arnett

After finally getting the chance to read "Girl, Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis at the beginning of the summer, I had been incredibly excited to read Rachel Hollis's most recent novel, "Girl, Stop Apologizing." Rachel is novelist, podcast host, motivational speaker, CCO of her own company called the Hollis Company, and author of the number-one New York Times bestseller of "Girl, Wash Your Face." One of her greatest passions is empowering women, and this novel confronts women with the lies we tell ourselves while working our way through a male-dominated society.

Rachel breaks down these lies by instilling self-confidence and female empowerment within women across the world. This novel helped me to break my habits of negative self-talk, and I soon began taking on the world with newfound confidence. I also stopped putting off my goals for another day or for the future -- such as intensifying my exercise routine, eating healthier, and living in the moment -- and instead, I got to work on those aspirations immediately.

Rachel's sequel to "Girl, Wash Your Face" is titled "Girl, Stop Apologizing." In this novel, women are taught to be unapologetic about who we are. Rachel says that she sees women every day who are not living their lives to the absolute fullest all too often and that it ultimately boils down to fear. Fear of failure, of shame, of doing something wrong. In response to these thoughts, Rachel provides her readers with multiple strategies to overcome those fears, all while constructing a plan to achieve goals that have been long overdue.

Rachel Hollis provides women with the motivation and inspiration to go after what they want, regardless of the challenge.

In "Girl, Stop Apologizing," the author divides the novel into three sections: excuses to let go of, behaviors to adapt, and skills to acquire. We women are faced with the harsh truth that we are filling our minds with excuses that prevent us from reaching our goals: I'm afraid I will fail, I don't have the time it requires, or I am not worthy of success. Hollis digs us out of our own traps by reminding us that everyone has felt such a way before. What matters even more than that is how we react.

Some of the behaviors she touches on include saying no, asking for help, and focusing on one single goal. Though some of these behaviors can be difficult to adapt, -- especially if you're a people pleaser like me -- that is why the novel is constructed into a step-by-step process.

Change does not happen overnight.

It may take time, but all of us, males and females alike, are capable of change. Rachel teaches us that failure is okay, as long as we get right back up and try again. It may not be easy, but it is worth it. In order to achieve our goals in life, there is going to be pressure. There is going to be judgement. There is going to be doubt. Not everyone may accept or be in accordance with such a lifestyle change, but it is not their life. It is your own.

"Girl, Wash Your Face" and "Girl, Stop Apologizing" completely changed my outlook on my life, my goals, and myself.

I am working towards becoming a better person each day, I am mindful of my goals, and I continue to work hard in whatever the task may be. These two novels have provided me with the tools for a successful life that I otherwise would not have uncovered myself. I feel empowered as a woman in this world and simply as a person. I know that I am capable of more, which I believe is why Mrs. Hollis wrote these novels -- so that we can see the undeniable potential in ourselves.