I Don't Know What I Would Do Without My College Girl Gang

Simply Put, I Don't Know What I'd Do Without My College Girl Gang

Gal pals for life.

90

We all have our special girls in our lives, both at home and in college. I absolutely love my besties back at home, y'all kill it and I can't wait to see you when finals are done! However, our girl gangs back at home aren't around 24/7 like they were in high school, so we have to adopt a new girl gang while we're away at our respective places of higher learning.

Not everyone has a girl gang, and that's perfectly ok, but you're definitely missing out if you don't. Your girls are the people who literally can get you through any tough time in your life, or hype you up when you're looking extra amazing for class or when you guys go out. Guys can't hype you up and help you pick out bomb outfits for dates like your gal pals can.

I've always been shy, so coming to college was super scary because I had no idea what was going to happen or who I'd meet and become friends with, or if I'd have no friends at all. Luckily, I met the most amazing people my freshmen and sophomore years of college, and now I have an amazing gang of girls I call my best friends here at my home away from home.

Coming from a girl who's usually eternally single, having the great friend group I have right now was essential through getting over a rough almost relationship, and other boys who did me dirty throughout our time here at school. Words cannot describe what it was like having my friends by my side through everything I've been through, and I love to reciprocate that support when they go through things too. It's not fair to think you have to go through things alone, and people should never feel ashamed in asking their friends for shoulders to cry on, or they aren't your real friends of course.

You girl gang is an essential part of the society we live in today, as much as it was decades and even centuries ago. Sisterhood is a part of our lives, whether you're a sorority woman or not, the bond we have with our girls is a bond we should all treasure and be thankful we have. I seriously do not know where I would be if I had not met the people I am best friends with today, both at home and here at school, but especially at school.

Coming from a girl who doesn't make friends with boys easily, I've always relied on my girl squad to be my rock. I don't rely on a man to bring me my happiness, I rely on myself. My friends have shown me how to be more confident in myself, and not settle for anyone who brings out anything in me I don't like. We only get to live one life, and why not live it with the people who bring out only the best in us?

Not everyone in my gal gang is pictured, but you know who you are. Shout out to you all for being here for me and making my life nothing but amazing. If you don't have a girl gang, I sincerely hope you find one!