I'm The Girl Who Believes That College ISN'T Supposed To Be The Best 4 Years Of Your Life

There are many events that will be better than your four years in college.
8

Yes, I'm the girl who believes that college won't be the "best four years" of my life.

I don't want it to be the best four years of my life.

Why would I want the best four years of my life to be spent drained in a classroom worrying about my grades while also trying to get involved and make friends?

College is and can be a good time, but I don't believe it was meant to be the best four years of your life.

I hate that saying. I hate hearing people say that college is supposed to be the best four years of your life because there are many things more important than college that will make your life better.

There are many events that will happen in your life that will make college seem like a sad time in your life because you spent it partying or out all the time with people who didn't really care about you. Or you spent it sitting in your room studying night after night while all of your friends go out.

You also sit there and worry about money, you joke about being a broke college student, but that is actually your reality. You actually have to worry about it behind the jokes and to you, it is actually not very funny.

It sucks to be broke, it sucks to probably feel like you can't go out with your friends because of it so how does this make it the best four years of your life?

Oh, you say it's just a phase just for a few weeks your broke, but it keeps coming back and then it is no longer fun to be that joking broke college student. One of the events that will be the best part of your life is when you have that degree in hand, when you get your first job that is with your degree, and when you actually start getting to work and use your degree. These events will be one of the best parts of your life.

Don't get me wrong, I love college. But, I love it more for the education and the opportunities that I am given. I love it for the people I meet on a day to day basis that all come from different places and different backgrounds and although I love all of these things and I am so grateful to be getting a college education, I won't label it as the best four years of my life.

Of course, nobody has the same college experience. The college experience for each person is different and what they take out of it is different. I know I will take a great education out of it, some friends, and a degree that will take me further than I know.

But one thing I will not take out of it is that it was the best four years of my life.