Gilmore Girls has been off the air for nine years now and I do not think anyone every truly got over it. The show left watchers craving more and heartbroken that so many questions were left unanswered. Did Lorelai finally get her happy ever after with Luke? How will Stars Hollow survive with Rory off traveling the world? However, this Thanksgiving break us Gilmore Girls fanatics will get what we have waited so long for. The infamous mother, daughter duo has returned!

For many viewers Gilmore Girls was a show that was hilarious, enjoyable, and quite relatable. Rory and Lorelai Gilmore portrayed what the life of a single mother and her teenage daughter could be like. Although it was a slightly unconventional relationship that they shared, it left fans hopeful that their own family could share a bond like that.

When I first began watching the show I was about 8 years old. Although the show did not quite relate to the time in my life I was going through I tried to mirror my goals and relationships around Rory. With television stations showing reruns over and over again, my mother and I watched the whole Gilmore Girls serious about 6 times. As we continued to watch our relationship began to form into more of a best friendship like portrayed in the show. I aspired to get into Yale one day and study journalism. Goals that are very normal but were strictly decided upon because of this one show.

Today, although I am not attending Yale University I am a freshman in college majoring in writing, specifically journalism. My mother and I are still closer than ever and we recently rewatched the series on Netflix to prepare for its return. We already made plans to stay up all night when it airs and watch since I will be home on Thanksgiving break.

Some people may think that it is silly that a person would allow a television show to have such influence on their life. However, there are multiple things that influence us everyday whether it be television, books, people, experiences we encounter on our journey through life. I do not think I could have picked a better show to binge watch over the last 10 years of my life. Gilmore Girls is inspiring, showing that no matter what the circumstance if you work hard at something you can accomplish amazing things. I for one am extremely excited for the return of my all time favorite show. It feels like a family reunion!