Gifts For People You Don't Know, But Feel Obligated to Give

You could get them a gift card or...
211

So it's the holiday season and you've got all your gifts bought, for your parents, siblings, significant other, and your multiple secret Santas. But there's always one or two that slip through the cracks, one person that you forgot to get a gift for. You might not really know them, they might be a new friend or mutual friend who's always around or maybe it's a gift for the hostess of a party. People you might not really know but feel obligated to get a gift for. Don't stress, I've got you covered. Here's a list of 15 gifts that you can get someone who you don't really know but feel obligated to get a gift for.

1. Book

Maybe it's just me, but I think books are great gifts. Here is Barnes and Noble's list of best-selling books of 2017. If you know something that they are interested in, whether it's military history, American history, sports or anything really, you can buy them a new book in that area, it'll be something they haven't read yet. You could also get them a coffee table book or a cookbook. You could also through in one of your own favorites. it's pretty touching when someone really enjoys something and wants to share it with someone else.

2. Candle

A candle is a great gift for anyone, it's a little something to make an area look and smell nice. You can even get one that is more lightly scented if you don't know if they are sensitive to smells, but other than that any candle will do.

3. Wine

You might want to be a little careful with this. Just that you might want to check if they drink or not before giving this gift. But if they do go for it, give them one of your favorites or what you have unopened. You can put a ribbon around the neck of the bottle and call it a day. This is a great gift for a host or hostess.

4. Chocolate

This is another great gift for a host or hostess, although it can be given to anyone. It can be nice chocolate all wrapped individually or something you spruced up from a drug store. Everyone loves chocolate. Or any other candy for that matter.

5. Journal

These are good to get for just this reason, giving gifts to people you don't really know that well. Everyone loves a great journal. And if they don't they can always regift it. Or they could use it for school or work or travel or just notes for the new year.

6. Baked goods

If you like baking this one is great! Everyone loves receiving baked goods, it shows you cared and spent time making them a gift. And if you have a few of these gifts to come up with or a few parties to go to then you could make a batch and break them into a few tins or baggies that are already decorated or that you decorated. You can get creative with it. Or you could get them just food.

7. Gift Card

Yeah, I know this one isn't that personal, but if you're really in a pinch it'll do. If they love books do Barnes and Nobles, if you know they like makeup try Sephora, and if you don't know or don't want to assume try Amazon. You can't go wrong with Amazon.

8. Gift Card To the Movies

It's the holiday season- the best time of year to see movies. Get them two tickets that they can redeem for any movie or a gift card for two to a movie theater! It's perfect, they can go with a friend or significant other and have a little free night out on you!

9. Pens and Stationery

This is a good one for anyone, friend, teacher, or coworker. Weather is a pack of blank letters and envelopes or a magnetic pad they can put on their fridge for to do lists, grocery list, and other reminders it's all very useful and will look nice. Pair it with a nice pen or two and you're golden.

10. External Phone Battery

Couple this with a pair of headphones and you've got a really good present. There are things that everyone will need at one point, so you know that they'll appreciate this gift eventually.

11. Soap

You could get body soap or body lotion for someone, or hand soap to put by a bathroom or kitchen sink with a paired hand lotion. This is another useful gift that they'll definitely use at some point.

12. Fuzzy Socks

Fuzzy socks are great when it's cold outside. You could get a few from a department store or drug store and give them two or three pairs. You can get them something else too or leave it at that!

13. Hand Cream

While body lotion alone would make a great gift so would hand cream. It's cold outside and skin can get dry and cracked. It could be a small one that they can have in their purse or a big one that they can have on their desk at school, work, or at home.

15. A mug

You could get them a mug with hot chocolate packs, tea bags, or a package of coffee grinds in it. You could probably buy this pre-made at Starbucks, Barnes and Noble's, Target, or Bed, Bath, and Beyond. You could also just get them a mug. Another good idea is if they like Starbucks is a Starbucks mug or tumbler. They get a small discount every time they use it at Starbucks or they could fill it with their own hot beverage and use it on the go. It's also eco-friendly and who doesn't love that.

So there you go I hope this helped. Happy Holidays!