12 Non-Basic Gift Ideas For Your Boyfriend

Men are so hard to shop for. Don't get him a watch or cufflinks like every other year.

411
Lexi Ellis

With Christmas coming up right around the corner, it's time to start online shopping!

Finding the perfect gift for your boyfriend/fiance/husband can be so difficult because they're not very good at dropping hints like us girls. (Don't forget, Dollar Tree has cute cards, gift wrap, and bag fillers!)

1. Home decor

This one can be tricky if you don't know his style, but for older relationships, you know just what his place needs! Guys aren't the best decorators, and every time he walks past, he'll think of you!

This could be a cool piece of wall art, a wall flag, or even taxidermy. Wall flags are always a hit with college guys with extra wall space! Amazon has tons of funny ones.

2. Customize it!

assets.rbl.ms

One cute, personal way to make a gift unique is to put stickers on it! Get him a Yeti Cup, Hydroflask, or another type of water bottle. Then, cover it in stickers from Redbubble.com. They most likely have his favorite memes, bands, vines, celebrities, and tv shows. You can also decorate him a cooler, laptop case, or a flask.

3. Car accessories

You can get him a nice steering wheel cover, air fresheners, seat/floor covers, or whatever he may like to add a little something extra to his car. He'll appreciate the thoughtfulness! You could even include a gift card to a gas station. It's all about themes, ya know?

4. Items for his inner nerd...

We all have one nerd thing, whether it's 'Star Wars', 'Harry Potter', 'Game of Thrones', 'Rick and Morty', 'Black Mirror', 'Red Dead Redemption', or something else, get him something on the personal side and find merch, an expensive gaming toy, or a shirt he loves based on his interests!

5. Stuff for practical use!

Dollar Shave Club is a great one I've heard! Buy him an annual subscription. Another usable item is a denim, or leather jacket for the colder months, (plus, hell loan it to you), gloves, or a clothing item that you think he would look great in, but you know he wouldn't wear unless you force him to.

Also, socks are a big one! Guys ALWAYS need new socks. What is it with guys and having messed up socks?

6. A basket

wichita.citymomsblog.com

Baskets are fun to make, and inexpensive depending on the content. This one is great for new or old relationships. Plus, who doesn't love to receive a cute colorful basket? You can make it as fancy or casual as you want because you pick what items go inside! You can go all out and get a nicer basket at Hobby Lobby and fill it with confetti, fake snow, or garland. Add in things like mugs, hot cocoa, his favorite snacks/candy, t-shirts, photos, homemade baked goods, gift cards, and other small gift items he would love. I personally suggest heading to Dollar Tree for garland, basket filers, candy, and other supplies. You can also give it a theme personal to his interests!

7. Phone accessories

New headphones, a new phone case, or a portable charger are all things he may not think to ask for, but he'll actually need.

8. A framed photo

This one is also great for new relationships, or when you dont know what to get each other and it needs to be sentimental. This can also add a personal touch to whatever you were already planning on getting him.

9. A Spotify subscription 

A kind way to kick him off of yours, but something he'll use every day!

10. An appliance

Is his blender broken? Does he need a blender? Does he really love using your Keurig when he comes over? Buy him one! He'll be curious about unwrapping a box too, which is a bonus.

11. Shoes

Are you sick of him wearing the same old sneakers and khakis every time you go on a date? Everybody could use a new pair of shoes.

12. Something for his pet!

If he has a dog, a cat, a lizard, or a bird - get something for it at the pet store!