My best friends live 400 miles away from me. They live in another state, go to a different university, and continue to participate in the sorority we were once all a part of. I chose to leave that state, I chose to go to another university, I chose to drop the sorority. Out of everything I had, I left and they were the hardest things to leave behind. I often think about the fact that if maybe I could have stuck it out just a little longer, if I could have been just a little tougher, I could still be in walking distance of my best friends. But I didn't and now we're 6 hours away. There are no more surprise ice cream trips, there are no more frat parties, there's no more of a lot of the things we built our friendships off of.

The last time we were together was in July, now it's almost March and I've been lucky enough to see them once on separate occasions. I'd like to think that we're growing, we tried new things, we learned from mistakes, and we're moving on from things alone. We used to sit in quiet in each other's company, but now we have to adapt. Now we FaceTime or send paragraphs on paragraphs of texts about our days. Now we send each other sappy messages just because we can't constantly remind the other how much we love them.

My two best friends are my rock. I don't see them often and I don't talk to them every day, but I know that they would be there for me in an instant, regardless of distance. I have been finding reasons to drive those six hours to see them for two days, and each passing day is just another day closer to those kinds of weekends!

To my best friends, I love you both with all my heart. I know they say distance makes the heart grow fonder but my heart aches sometimes because I'm missing my people. We all did what was best for us and I'm proud of everything we have accomplished while being separated.