Getting Ready To Go Back To School, As Told By The Cast Of "Parks And Recreation"

"I will give 110 percent."

5

It's that time of year again! Although temperatures are still in the 80's, back-to-school sales have begun to pop up everywhere, the aisles of Target are filled with binders in every color, the shops are being stocked with flannels, cardigans and blue jeans and it is starting to set in that summer is coming to a close. While many of us might have mixed feelings about the end of the summer months and the return to rigid schedules of classes, extra-curriculars and social engagements, I think it is safe to say that the majority of college students are overjoyed at the thought of returning to our campuses and reuniting with friends who we haven't seen in months. However, getting ready to go back to school can be incredibly hectic and even stressful time. But never fear, the cast of "Parks and Recreation" is here to get you through.

1. When you start to make your list of everything you will need for the semester and you begin to miss the days when your mom did your school shopping for you.

2. You shop for school supplies, look over your class schedule and feel incredibly motivated. You are definitely getting straight A's this semester.

3. You pick out your new planner for the school year, and you can't wait to start filling it up with you schedule and assignments. You are so organized.

4. You head to the mall for a new pair of jeans and leave with an entirely new wardrobe.

5. You start to make grocery lists and you are planning to eat healthy this semester, but then you think about all the amazing restaurants on campus.

6. You think about your classes and start to have flashbacks to last semester, and you begin to question your major and career path.

7. You immediately regret letting yourself think about this, and you try to focus on finding new dorm bedding instead.

8. You remind yourself that you've chosen a major that you absolutely love.

10. And your major is going to lead to an amazing job you'll never want to leave.

11. You really are so excited to get back to school.

This time can be overwhelming, and it's easy to get stressed, especially if going back to school means moving into a new apartment or dorm. Some of us will be traveling several hours with our cars loaded full of our possessions, and some of us are just a short drive from campus. Either way, this time is perfect for getting organized and preparing yourself for the year ahead. Take the next few weeks to spend some time with your family, compile some savings for late night sushi during the school year and get ready to make this the best school year ever!