12 Things You Can Do To Get Ready For Summer
Summer

Don't give up! Summer is coming, and it's time to start preparing.

614

The weeks between spring break and summer vacation can often seem long, dreary and meaningless. As students, we tend to adopt negative, closed off attitudes and, quite honestly, start to lose hope due to the stress of the school year.

Here are 12 things to start doing that will keep you productive, healthy, excited and motivated for summer.

1. Start exercising more often (and outside!)

Swimsuit season is approaching, and while yes, every body is a beach body, you'll want to feel confident while you're rocking your favorite suit. And with warmer weather, you'll feel extra motivated to go out and be active.

2. Make your summer bucket list

One of my favorite ways to get excited about summer is making a bucket list. Visualizing all the activities you'll get to do while on vacation is one of the best ways to get yourself pumped up.

3. Redecorate your space

It's time to channel your inner Bobby Berk and redecorate your room, office, etc. Put away the blankets, scarves and dark, winter colors, and replace them with fake fruits, flowers, and other bright, lively decorations.

4. Mark up your calendar

It's very easy to find yourself sitting around all summer and being lazy, so start filling your calendar with activities now. Make plans with friends, schedule weekend road trips or get tickets to a museum — the options are endless.

5. Make a new playlist

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite ways to get into a certain mindset is by creating a new playlist. Whether it's new, fun and upbeat songs from your favorite artist or all the hits from previous summers, nothing will get you more in the mood than music.

6. Create new goals for yourself

Without the stress of school, you can take more time to focus on yourself and work on your goals. What's something you've wanted to accomplish for a long time, but haven't yet? Start writing these goals down and visualize the steps it will take to get you there.

7. Detox and eat healthy

Again, you'll want to be feeling confident this summer, so be more mindful of what you're putting into your body. And it's not about "looking good" - eat healthy so you can have energy and be more active.

8. Plan, plan, plan

If you're going on a big vacation this summer, it's time to start planning NOW! Create daily schedules, start putting together your outfits and decide what you want to do on your trip so you don't have to stress about it later.

9. Start saving your money

You can pick up a few extra shifts at your job, sell old clothes or maybe skip out on buying dinner at Chick-fil-A just this one time. Save money now so you can have more freedom to do fun activities this summer.

10. Change your mindset

School can get difficult and stressful towards the end of the semester, and you can end up having a pretty negative, unproductive attitude. Whether it's reading a motivational book, following an inspiring new Instagram account or just simply deciding to be more positive, it's important to refocus your mindset at this time of year.

11. Hydrate or die-drate

Sweat is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of summer. That being said, it's important to stay hydrated during the season so you can stay healthy, and it's important to start hydrating now.

12. Take a little more time to care for yourself

Be sure to do the things that make you feel confident. Keep taking care of your skin, eating right, exercising and having an active mind so you can prepare yourself for an awesome, productive and happy summer.