Getting Ready For Fall Recruitment: Preparing For That Long Week

2

Yes. I know it’s only June, but the one thing a sorority girl always does is live, sleep eat and breathe recruitment. 

Little did you know, we are recruiting year round – it’s actually happening as you read this. But, the most important time to recruit our lovely ladies is in the fall. Fall recruitment is like fashion week in Paris, the most important week you could ever imagine. But how do we master recruitment? With these three simple steps, you will be on your way to perfection. Practice, practice and more practice does make it perfect and when it comes down to recruitment week, it’s important we get every song and outfit... perfect.

Over the summer, you cannot do much of the nitty-gritty things, but the basics are a must. Recruitment songs are the lyrics that could make or break you. They are the butter to your bread and the peanut butter to your jelly. When those double doors open, you have about 100 to 150 pairs of eyes on you, waiting to see what you will do next. First impressions are everything, so make it count! Make the songs memorable and unique. Luke Bryan may be your right hand cowboy, but if three other houses decided that it was their night to use one of his songs, you are just another house with that door and those letters. Make your faces, your house and your presentation unforgettable. 

Another aspect to your presentation is your clothing. You may not have the first pick of outfits, but make sure that your outfits are up to par. Every wedge, every stiletto, every dress and every bow must be worn to perfection. Make your girls stand out from everyone else. Be the girls who wore those amazingly cute statement necklaces and had those gorgeous lavender dresses with ever-so classic Louboutin stilettos. Just kidding. But, a girl can dream, right? Make every outfit for each day look as if you were going to walk the runway for Coco Chanel, herself. Dress to impress are the words to live by for the week of recruitment, so choose your outfits wisely! 

Probably the most important aspect of fall recruitment is bid day. This is the day you have in the palm of your hands. Make it what you will, but this is this day that you want your PNM’s to remember forever. It's their first official welcome into sisterhood, so make it a day they will never forget. Make their bid day something out of this world. First things first – pick a theme. Don’t go for something cliché or classic. Go for something new and bold and fun. The next thing on the list would be shirts. You will see your fair share of the cutest sorority shirts, ever, on bid day, but when you hand your girls their shirts, they will be even cuter. 

From songs to outfits and preparing for bid day, you can see that a lot of preparation goes into recruitment. Your feet will feel like they want to fall off and you might want to fall down at the end of the day, but it will be worth it. These days are not a walk in the park, but with practice and preparation, your girls will rise to the occasion with perfection.