Getting Out Of A Rut 101

Getting Out Of A Rut 101

Three simple ways to turn around a rough day.

436
https://www.pexels.com/search/sunset/

Do you ever have those days when you're just feeling down? Maybe you were given some bad news, you're feeling a little under the weather, or maybe it's just a gloomy day outside. Well, I've had plenty of those days, but if you're like me and want to try to make every single day the best it can be, then follow these tips and tricks on how to instantly put yourself in a better mood.

1. Start by accepting the day for what it is. 

Not every single day is going to be perfect. Maybe it's rainy out, you got a bad grade on a test, or had a rough day at work. If you're feeling stressed, the first thing to do is to think and reflect on your thoughts. Accept the day for what it is. If there is something bringing you down, allow yourself a few minutes to think about why that thing is bringing you down and what you can do to change it. If you're just simply not in a good mood for no particular reason, then do something to make you happy. My favorite way to de-stress is to take 15-20 minutes to vent all my thoughts and negativity out on paper. Sometimes just writing and expressing your feelings can make you feel so much better, even therapeutic. This also helps me start writing about more positive thoughts and thinking about how I can make the situation better.

2.Try listening to music & working out

Whenever I'm feeling down, I like to listen to music and go for a walk or a run. This helps me get the negative energy out and bring in the positive energy with endorphins from exercise. Exercising can be a great way to turn around a crappy day. Whether you're into soul cycle, running, or swimming, a sweat sesh at the gym can turn a crappy day around. If you can't make it to the gym, then do something in your room or take a walk outside. Sometimes, a few minutes of being disconnected from technology and responsibilities can be so refreshing.

3. Do the little things that make you happy

Maybe you're feeling down, stressed or overwhelmed. Something I like to do is take a long shower and reflect on my thoughts. My typical "get out of a rut routine" usually involves writing, working out, showering, eating delicious food, getting dressed up and talking to or seeing friends. Do the littlest things to make you feel happy. Think about the things in life you have to be grateful for. Whether its food, friends, or health, remind your self that you are worth it. Read inspirational quotes about happiness, listen to music, or try new foods.

Remember to take time to enjoy yourself because you deserve it!