5 Activities That Will Have You Feeling Very Holly Jolly

It's never too early to get into a festive and joyful mindset.

17
Personal Photo

With Thanksgiving right around the corner and Christmas following closely behind, it's time to get excited about the holidays. It is important to remember that this time of year is about being thankful and showing appreciation for your friends and family in your own personal way.

If you feel like you are too busy with courses and responsibilities or you simply need some festive inspiration, these activities are a great break that will add some happiness to your holiday season.

1. Friendsgiving. 

Although you might be returning home to spend Thanksgiving day with your family, you can host a Friendsgiving beforehand to celebrate the holiday with your closest pals. This small event should be focused on how thankful you are to have your friends in your life, so cooking a full turkey or professional meal is not required. Whether you get some snacks, fun games to play, or make it a movie night, Friendsgiving will remind you and your friends what really matters.

2. "Thank You" messages. 

Start spreading holiday joy by sending your loved friends and family a genuine letter or message to show your appreciation for them. These "thank you" notes are a great way to get excited for Thanksgiving while staying true to its purpose. All you need are some cards or paper to write a nice message on so that you can decorate or customize the rest in your own way.

3. Baking Christmas cookies. 

If you feel like starting to get into the Christmas spirit, decorating holiday cookies is the best place to start. You will need cookie mix, Christmas inspired sprinkles, and frosting in order to successfully create a batch of holiday joy. If you want to spread some love, you can even gift your friends and family a couple of cookies to brighten the start of their holiday.

4. Start decorating. 

If you're not feeling the holiday season yet, maybe it's because you don't have any decorations to remind you of this special time of year. Going to your local HomeGoods, Walmart or Target to browse their many holiday decor options will inspire your Thanksgiving or Christmas spirit and if you decide to purchase some items, their many deals won't break your budget.

5. Watch your favorite Christmas movies. 

If all else fails, watching a great holiday movie will definitely inspire your spirit for the upcoming season. Make some hot chocolate, get cozy on your couch, and enjoy the happiness that surrounds the holiday season. If you can't find any holiday movies and are looking for a free TV network that airs them back to back, look no further than the Hallmark Channel to get you into the festive spirit at any time of the day.

It is essential to remember the true purpose of these holidays so that you can create meaningful memories with those closest to you. Fitting some of these activities into your schedule will lift your holiday spirit and spread some joy within yourself and those around you throughout this festive season.