I'm Getting By With A Little Help From The Belchers.

4

When I was growing up, everyone always talked about how college is important. College is where you go to better your education. College is a privilege, not a right. And sure, that's all (probably) true. But really, all I've learned in college so far is that Bob's Burgers was right... About everything.

College is very different than high school for many reasons. First and foremost, college is the place that many people go to express themselves. This means that you should always have an open mind and be welcoming to new ideas. After all, everyone is into their own thing.

Another time college is very different than high school is in class. Yes, there's still a teacher, and yes, you still get homework, but in college, you're there because you want to be. You're paying to better your education. No one is making you do it, and you don't have to be there. So go to class, or don't go to class- but don't complain about the opportunities you've been given.

In my opinion, group projects suck. It's often difficult to communicate with team members and people don't always see eye to eye. However, I never listened to anyone who told me to use group projects to my advantage, and now I wish I had. I've gone all these years being miserable, and never realized that everyone likes different things, and has different things that they excel at. Group projects aren't always the terrors they're made out to be. Just because you don't want to be the one to type that ten page research paper, doesn't mean no one else wants to.

In college, you're going to learn many things. You'll learn that you need to find something to believe in, and stick with it.

You're going to learn that you need to follow your instincts.

You're going to learn that you will be poor and have to make do with what you've got.

And you're going to learn that there really is such thing as a take-home exam. You will learn about them, you will receive them, you will embrace them, and you will thank whatever God you believe in for them, for they are a gift.

But most importantly, you're going to learn that there is a huge difference between February vacation and spring break. Yes, they're both one week. And in that week, there is no school. There are no classes. There is no homework. (Okay, so you totally probably have some but we all know we're going to act like it doesn't exist until the very last possible second.) However, spring break exists because everyone knows that you wouldn't make it through the rest of the semester (and finals!) without it. It's like, science, or something.

So take time to plan out a stress-free, all (relaxation) inclusive vaca so you have some happy memories to think about while you're up until 2 am eating your feelings and studying your buns off.