7 Ways To Get Through Classes Sick

7 Ways To Get Through Classes Sick

We've all been there, and let's face it, it's not fun.

4
https://pixabay.com/photos/woman-blow-blowing-nose-hand-chief-698964/

With school starting and finally getting into the bulk of the semester, sicknesses are going around like crazy. From the flu to your common cold, it's not unlikely that you'll soon find yourself waking up cuddling a box of tissues and Mucinex.

Being sick in bed is bad enough, but having to haul it 15 minutes across campus in the heat with a runny nose and a cough is just pure torture. While there's no going around that (sorry), I do have a collection of tips to help the class go by as smoothly as it can.

Good luck and stay healthy!

1. Bring your own drug store to class. 

The odds are low that any professors will have tissues or any sort of medication on hand in their classrooms. Load your bookbag up with whatever you'll need, from cough drops and Advil to tissues. Get it all.

2. Bring a TON of water.

Staying hydrated is the most effective and efficient way to beating a cold. Bottoms up!

3. Let your professor know you're not feeling well. 

Nothing is worse than getting called on while you are sick. Trying to speak with a sore throat and runny nose will not only embarrass you but most likely make you feel even worse. Most professors will respect that you made the effort to show up and they won't bother you.

4. Keep hand sanitizer on deck. 

This won't help you, but it will keep your peers from fleeing your general area. No one wants to get sick. Wash your hands as often as needed and prevent the flow of germs.

5. Dress comfy.

Unless it is required, do NOT show up to class in jeans if you are sick. Throw on some sweats and put your hair up. No one is judging you, sis. We've all been there!

6. Pay attention to class as best as you can. 

Having a runny nose and coughing nonstop is pretty distracting and, honestly, defeating. Do your best to get that out of your mind and try to listen to what your professor is saying. Being sick will put you behind, so it's important to stay up to date with what's going on.

7. Excuse yourself if you are becoming a distraction. 

Not only will it be hard for you to pay attention when you're sick, but your classmates definitely won't be able to pay attention over the sound of you hacking up a lung. If it gets bad, simply excuse yourself for the time being and try to drink some water.

Being sick in college is no fun, but we can't help when it happens. Follow these tips and it just might make your class go by a little bit faster.