Recently, I've been trying to increase my reach on social media. Twitter is one of the best platforms for building followers because of its short and simple format.

I found, though, that gaining followers is harder than just tweeting your occasional song lyric or even posting a selfie and, let's be honest, typing something or snapping a picture is way too exhausting anyways. Instead, I've compiled a list of ways that are guaranteed to increase your Twitter followers.

In fact, if you don't gain at least one follower by following this simple list, I will personally follow you to make sure the guarantee that the guarantee holds true. Without further ado, here it is.

1. Create a fake account

All you have to do is log out of your main account, take a picture of a random person on the street, create a fake email account, sign up for Twitter with that fake account, use the picture of the random person you found as the profile picture, and follow your own account.

Once you're done with that, your followers will have jumped up to one more! If you're like me, that's like a 25% growth! (Well, I've made over 27 different accounts to follow myself on, but the first time, it was 25%.)

Then, with those accounts, just log out and stay logged out after creating the fake account. Shoot, you can even delete the original email if you want as long as the account stays. That's all you have to do to gain followers!

The only thing you have to be sure to avoid is making sure that you use a different name from your real one because, if you don't, the police might find out and I'm pretty sure that this is an illegal technique for gaining more followers so it's better to just be careful.