Get MISTified with Noor Tagouri at Benedictine University

Noor Tagouri to visit Benedictine University for MIST Chicago 2016

22
Facebook

The race to create the best submissions and projects is on for Muslim Inter-Scholastic Tournament (MIST) 2016 competitors with the theme, The Race Against Time.

MIST Chicago recently made two major announcements this past week. Announcement number one is that the venue is being changed from Moraine Valley Community College to Benedictine University due to the amazing response of registrants and to accommodate for the increase in competitors.

“The university’s new Goodwin Hall houses state of the art classrooms, a 600-seat auditorium and plenty of space for students to study and spend time with their teams. We are so excited to get the campus MISTified in April!” MIST Chicago Logistics Chair Safa Dada said.

Surprise number two turned up the hype for MIST 2016 as journalist, speaker and inspiration Noor Tagouri is set to visit the university to speak at the awards ceremony.

“A huge component of the MIST mission is to develop leadership, promote communication and inspire creativity. We believe Noor Tagouri is a source of inspiration and is a great role model for us. She’s shown us that we can make a difference in the world while staying strong in our faith,” Dada said.

The young competitors will get a taste of the college experience at MIST Chicago as they plan to incorporate practical workshops that will help promote college and career readiness.

Thousands of high school students take part in MIST each year and part of MIST Chicago’s goal this year is to extend their outreach to the American youth that haven’t been a part of the experience.

“We really want to focus on reaching out to people who’ve never done MIST before-city schools, new suburbs or even states. We want to spread the word and see the talent Chicago youth has to offer,” MIST Chicago Regional Director Mariam Sayeedi said.

MIST Chicago 2016 early registration deadline is March 16. If you are out of high school, you can sign up as a volunteer, coach or judge.