Let's all be honest here, we all feel sad when the holidays wind down. Starting a new semester or continuing to go back to work can seem challenging. The thought of overloads of homework or nonstop meetings to attend isn't amusing. So here's a list of smart ways to getting back on track.

1. Relax on the last day

It's a good day to lay off the parties. Take this moment to relax. Enjoy some quiet and alone time.

2. Get a good night's rest

Make sure to get a good night rest going back to the chaos. Don't wait to sleep on the plane or car ride back. It won't feel as refreshing as going to bed in your own bed.

3. Positive vibes 

Keep your mood upbeat with great music or workout. It'll help refresh your brain and get your juices flowing. Making you set for the new year.

4. Simple is key 

Plan out a simple day because you don't want to overwhelm yourself. Prioritize what's important to do first. Delegate tasks if possible.

5. Reunite with friends

After being away from friends so long, it is nice to reunite with them. Go out and have coffee with them or grab some lunch. There's nothing better than laughing and catching up with friends you haven't seen in a while.

6. Buy textbooks before classes begin

Getting your books ahead of time is a good idea because you won't have to worry about it later. It also helps avoid long lines and chaos in the bookstores. Make sure to get them as soon as possible.