Garnet and Golds Own, Connor Gray

Garnet and Golds Own, Connor Gray

9
Garnet and Golds Own, Connor Gray

With over 40,000 students enrolled at Florida State, it can be difficult to stand out amongst the vast student body. There are those whose priorities change when coming to college and who succumb to the typical “college life”. 

But there are also those few who have their lives together. For example the 3rd year senior, Connor Gray, has definitely thrived in his involvement while at Florida State. He has embraced all aspects of the spectrum, from leadership to academics to philanthropy. Feelin’ a little lazy? Grasping this guy’s involvement will surely boost your productivity.

From Fort Walden Beach Florida, Connor originally had a full ROTC scholarship in engineering but decided to change his major to finance. This Fall  he will be attending the Masters of Marketing program here at FSU. He is currently apart of the Student Alumni Association, Student Government Association’s 65th Student Senate Sergeant at Arm, Order of Omega, Omicron Delta Kappa, and the honor society of the Garnet and Gold Key. Connors’ impressive credentials do not stop there. He served as the marketing director of Pow Wow and has an internship at the Paul Consulting Group. Whose thinking their resume needs a little boost now?

His campus involvement is uncanny, so what other ways could Connor spend his time? Not only is he a brother of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, but he also serves as the fraternity’s Chief of Staff and is the Interfraternity Councils Administrative Vice President. His academic and leadership endeavors are inevitable. Most people would feel successful and satisfied having only half of that accomplished. Sorry folks, he doesn’t stop there. Connor gives back and volunteers! Along with being involved with the Wesley Foundation as a team-building captain to Guatemala, he is a Dance Marathon Morale Captain. In addition, Connor worked with the Collegiate Veteran’s Association, the Boys and Girls Club and participated on service trips to Guatemala and Jamaica.

Now to the question on everyone’s mind: how?! How does one have time for school, friends, and sleep; let alone to be Connor Gray? “I was inspired when I came to Florida State- it made me want to leave my mark, and create a legacy. If it was between losing sleep and impacting my community- it was an easy choice. I love being here”, spoken from the man who literally does it all. Connor Gray undeniably has his stuff together. 

Photo courtesy of flickr.com/photos/tamuc/