Here's To My Gamma Sigma Sigma Sisters

Here's To My Gamma Sigma Sigma Sisters

Don't be afraid to join; we are amazing and inclusive!

195
Here's To My Gamma Sigma Sigma Sisters
Yamily Santana

Rushing for a sorority at Penn State was dreadful and time-consuming. If you are interested in being part of sorority the main key is to stay true to yourself. Never be part of something when you feel like you don't fit in. I was scared at first because during the process you get to meet girls that are rushing as well instead of being friendly it feels like a competition. It feels like you are in America Idol and you want the ticket to Hollywood.

I rushed ESA and I made it to the second round. ESA has two rounds then in an email they will let you know if you made it. The girls are nice and I didn't feel pressured, but I didn't get in. Which is fine I don't mind because while I was rushing them I was rushing others as well. I finally decided to rush Gamma Sigma Sigma. I saw a table in the Pollock bodega. When I went to the table they spoke about inclusion and it made me feel good as a person. It was my second semester at Penn State and I barely had any friends. I also heard about being able to have a big and I wanted that. I wanted to have sisters in my campus.

Shoutout to my big Allison - I love you, Angel. That was the main reason why I wanted to join a club or group of people. It was a dream of mine to always join a sorority. When I went to a chapter meeting I was paranoid but we introduced ourselves and it was fun. To become a sister, you need to take a class to learn about the history of Gamma Sigma Sigma.

I met so many amazing people at Gamma Sigma Sigma; I will mention a few. Rachel and Casey the night of initiation we were hungry and we decided to go to Panda Express. I was happy because I was able to eat with the girls and be able to have friends. The sorority gave us a goal to meet different sisters and get signatures from them. I had lunch with Libby and Natalia they were new friends as well. They are so down-to-earth and special. I finally felt excited about being part of the sorority because I had opportunities to meet wonderful women. With Libby, we have like this connection that I cannot explain she called me up and told me if I was doing well one day because I was going through something. I love her so much!

Times passed and I remember I was studying for an exam and I was having lunch with Hannah and Alexis A., amazing people I laughed so much and we had deep conversations.

In the sorority, we have moms to guide us to the history of Gamma Sigma Sigma and I had the best mom in the world. Emeline Zelley you are so energetic and bold. You are sunshine on a cloudy day. She is the smile emoji. I admire her so much and wish to be like her because she is perfect.

I remember that my first THON I was afraid but there my sister London came to the rescue and made me stand with her. I was alone and she made sure that I was not. I had a great time standing with her friends and we were dancing all night long. I don't know if she recalls, but she is so pretty without even trying.

This sorority gave me a big, which is someone that is supposed to guide you and help you through the process can be nerve-wracking. Allison, I love you. We are inseparable because we care about each other. She is going to be in my wedding period lol. We went to each other states and had a blast. I've met her family and she is just amazing, beautiful, and hardworking.

Lisa is one of the sisters that if you are having a bad day she will make you smile and feel better about yourself. She is my hype-girl. She roots for me and I root for her because she always has my back.

We have two Brookes in the sorority and they are so lit. I love them both are like they always are thinking ten steps ahead and have bold personalities and attitudes. They are two secret ninjas.

There are two Liz' in the sorority and they are both special to me. They both help me so much and are so genuine. I love them and they graduated this semester and I cried seeing the posts on Instagram.

I have three littles Alli, Nyah, and Dana. I love them all the same because they are all down to earth, creative, and intelligent. When THON was happening last semester, I was with Olivia, Amanda Walton, and Nyah and I had a blast. Nyah is an amazing dancer and I know in my heart she will be a great doctor.

Amanda Covaleski has one of the best styles that I have seen in my whole life and I'm from New York and I see fashion everywhere. She is so sweet and our long conversations and bond will be forever.

Elizabeth Baldwin is cool too I remember the time we randomly saw each other in the basement and started dancing 🕺. We have been Snapchatting this whole summer. She is so artistic and creative. I remember when I was in the basement and Riley, Rebekah, and I was dancing. I saw you at THON killing, it you are doing amazing sweetie.

When I did community service helping a library I had a great time with Sarah, Sasha, Amanda, Nicole, Liliana, and Emily. Each one of these sisters showed up and helped out. Each one of them has memories with me and I will never forget them. Sasha keeps shining because she is a star sending you a hug from wherever you are.

When I wanted to go to the bars and dance around I went with Rebekah Sklute and this wonderful girl we met at the bar Michaela. Rebekah is amazing I remember when I met her we just vibed. She is so fun and trendy. I love Wendy Schneider. Wendy is so intelligent and so sweet. Every time I see her I want to hug her.

Special shoutout to Sam Birkl every time I see her she says hi to me. I would be stressing out in the library and she said hi and literally, that's all you need a smile from Sam.

Ana, I remember I needed a Halloween costume and Ana took me not only her playlist is the bomb and she is cool. I found a costume for like four dollars at Party City. She graduated too ugh.

Carlee and Sarah had classes with me and when my mother got sick they send the notes for me when I missed class. Special thanks for Liz Cooney for being amazing and being so caring. I appreciate every talk I had with her. Alaina, she graduated this semester what an angel I love how she is always there for you when you need her.

Autumn, she is like autumn when the leaves fall she picks them up. Every time a sister is down she is the one that is there to lift you. NO MATTER WHAT AUTUMN GOT YOUR BACK. Alexa P., the president of the sorority she is so HARDWORKING I'm telling YOU she's in 30 things and manages to get good grades, listen to country music, and look amazing. She uplifts my spirit by having a positive attitude and caring for other people. Another amazing doctor in the making.

Fiona, she is a fantastic dancer and her vibes are immaculate. Fiona was the first party that I attended even though I had like a quiz or exam the next day I was not going to miss her party because she is an angel sent from heaven PERIOD.

Sarah Pellis I love your TikToks and your new hair color is amazing. Everything you do from your love to Drake and your energy makes me happy. Love you and hope you are staying safe.

The Simone sisters are so adorable. When Katie studied abroad I missed her during chapter and stuff because she is so pretty and nice. Kim is a dancer and a vegetarian like she is precious and cool. They are unstoppable.

Colleen and Haley one of the best duos in the sorority. They had the best Halloween party. It was Shrek themed and they played Britney Spears and it was amazing. They are like Vintage Gods.

Joining a sorority is important the thing is how do you feel with the girls around you? Are the girls going to make you feel worthy of being there or not? These girls are the best people I have met on campus they've changed my life in many amazing ways. Everyone is important and I love them all and these are some memories I will never forget. I remember that as a service sorority we all do things to impact our community positively. I am grateful that I can make a better world with these wonderful women. I LOVE THEM ALL AND THEY ARE SPECIAL. ALL THE SISTERS IN GAMMA SIGMA SIGMA ARE SPECIAL AND MEAN THE WORLD TO ME.