5 Galentine's Ideas For You And All Of Your Single Besties

For the girls

11
https://unsplash.com/photos/nF8xhLMmg0c

Valentine's Day can be for more than celebrating your significant other. Use it to celebrate all the fantastic women in your life.

1. The Potluck

It's a super easy, affordable, classic event to hold with your friends. Everyone can bring some type of food or drink, eat together, share some laughs (or cry, girl, do your thing, let it out), and watch movies or play a game after. Another cute thing to do at the potluck is make dessert together. If you're considering this, you should probably tell everyone to bring entrée related foods, that way you can all make and have the dessert together. Heart cookies, chocolates, and cupcakes are probably the most convenient way to go. The process is fun, and you get to eat the dessert after with your girls, what more could you ask for?

2. A Night Out at the Club

For you girls who would rather go out for Valentine's Day, the club with just your best friend group is always a good time. If you also happen to know a club promoter, you're set to go! Maybe try adding a Valentine's Day spin to your outfit, like a red dress, red shoes, or coordinating with your friends. Facial glitter could also be fun, whether it be for eyeshadow or placed on the cheekbones in a heart shape or another Valentine's day symbol.

3. Spa Day

This is honestly probably one of my personal favorite ideas. Many spas have Valentine's Day promotions, so take advantage of them! Although spas can be expensive, you can still go out to some without spending a ton of money. For example, many Korean spas offer a general admission rate (many here in L.A. range from $20-$40, depending on the spa) which includes access to a variety of different rooms like a jade sauna, a Himalayan pink salt room, and an infrared room, to name a few. Each room has a different function and benefit for the body, and whether or not they actually occur isn't on your mind when you're out just trying to relax and have a good time. Unlike American spas, Korean spas are designed to be a social event with friends, not just a place to get a treatment (although massages and scrubs are still offered) so they have more to offer for group outings. I recently went to a Korean spa for only $20 with a friend, and would definitely recommend it as a girl's night out for any day, not just Valentine's Day.

4. Gift Exchange

Sort of like a Secret Santa -- but not. Gift exchanges can be tacked onto a potluck as well, or can be an event all on its own, depending on what you and your friends want to do. Set a budget, and maybe even decide on a Valentine's Day theme. One of the clubs I'm in does a panty gift exchange--don't judge, you can't tell me getting a super cute pair of underwear would not make you giddy inside. Anyways, something along those lines could be fun. Another idea could be a themed gift basket. For instance, you could gather a few sheet masks, teas, and a candle and create a little spa/de-stress basket. There's so many ideas you could do, just get creative!

5. A Friend Date

This can really vary on what sort of activities you and your friends like to do, but what I mean by a friend date is doing activities traditionally associated with romance with your friends instead. Hence, it can just be going out to dinner, but something I like to do, is if you have a friend who owns a large car, ask if you all can go park at a local beach. Bring blankets, pillows, and lights, and arrange them in the trunk of their car, and have them park in reverse so you can watch the sunset. Snacks always add to the experience!

Related Articles Around the Web