How To Make Your Galentine's Day Better Than Your Valentine's Day
Valentines Day

February 13th is for the girls.

31

Carrie Bradshaw said it best, "Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and guys are just people to have fun with." Yes, Valentine's day is all about love, but nobody ever said it had to be limited to you and your significant other. Valentine's day has become one of my favorite holidays solely based on the fact that I spend it with my best friends. So, grab a bottle of rosé and spend time giving love to the gals who help you decide what outfit to wear on a daily basis.

Face masks are a necessity

To indulge in a charcoal detox mask or rejuvenate your skin with a pomegranate infused paper mask should be the only question you have to ask yourself. Add on some eye gel's to hide your bad decisions and even throw in a leave-in conditioner if you're really feeling yourself.

Designated DIY Day

I am not creative in any which way but painting wine glasses is an event on our agenda. You don't have to be artistic but creating something memorable for you or perhaps a cute gift for a friend is a cheap and easy way to spread some love.

Dip any food you can in chocolate

Dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate

Strawberries, bananas, pretzels, apples, angel food cake (personal fave).

Also, take advantage of all the candy that hits the sale rack on the 15th.

Movie Marathon

My top 10 favorite Romantic Comedy / Drama (no order)

1) "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"

2) "10 Things I Hate About You"

3) "Love and Basketball"

4) "Mamma Mia"

5) "50 First Dates"

6) "Crazy, Stupid, Love"

7) "Bridesmaids"

8) "Along Came Polly"

9) "Sweet Home Alabama"

10) "How To Be Single"

Dance Like Nobody is Watching

Your neighbors might resent you for a little while, but turn the music all the way up in your apartment and let loose. Just make sure you remove your face mask beforehand so you have full motion of your face to sing along to Fergalicious.

Get cozy & Stay in

You can never go wrong with a pot-luck and self-care night. Get yourself ready for a date night for the upcoming weekend or let yourself relax from the workload you endured for hours on end.

or Go out & Show out

From red lipstick to black pumps, go all out and embrace the single life. There is nothing better than going out to a party with your friends. If you're fortunate enough to legally drink or live in a city full of life, take advantage of the celebrated day and make some memories with your people.

Take A Class

If you're super into fitness... I applaud you. If you want to let off some steam or let go of some anger sign up for a class! Hot Yoga, Self Defense, or perhaps a wine night with your friends while you paint a fancy portrait.

Two Words: Karaoke Bar

Whether you decide to go out to a karaoke bar or sing in the comfort of your home with youtube on your TV. Sing loud.

Go out to a Fancy Dinner

Beware of running into sappy couples who will fill up every fine dining restaurant on the night of February 14th. Instead of turning the other cheek and the people in love, it's always a nice gesture to congratulate them if it's an anniversary or maybe even make it awkward if it's the first date. Cheers your wine glasses and dig in.

Valentine's Day is about spreading love. Whether you're in a relationship or not, make sure you let the people you care about know how thankful you are to have them.

Happy Galentine's Day my lovely ladies!!