Dear Future Husband

Dear Future Husband

To the man I will love forever.

447
Dear Future Husband
Healthline

To the man who will hold my heart forever,

First of all, wherever this letter finds you, I hope it finds you well. I hope you are happy and healthy, and that if you are with another girl right now, that she is doing her best to make you into a better man. I hope that she is treating you in a way that is preparing you for marriage, and in the same way that I would treat you if that was me. If you are single, I hope that you don't lose hope. Know that I am out here, and that I am waiting to meet you, to find you, and to love you for the rest of my life.

I hope you know that I pray for you every night. I pray that you're content, that you're enjoying the life you have, and that you will be brought to me when the timing is right. I have no idea how long it will be until I finally get to meet you, heck, I may have already done so and have been completely oblivious to it, but I hope you know how excited I am for that day to come.

I pray that you love Jesus more than you love me. That you will have a relationship with the One who created both of us, and that you understand that our love was made by Him not by either of us. I pray that you understand what marriage is meant to be like, and that you plan to have a relationship that is centered in Christ and built on the foundation of the church. God has given us to one another, and I pray that you know that and remember it every day.

Some things for you to know: I'm insanely energetic, I love to sing WAY too loud, and I'm not the best at getting places on time, but I will love you with every inch of my heart. I promise to try and work on my shortcomings, and know that you will balance me out in the places I am weak. I will give our marriage my all, and promise to keep you and our covenant with one another a priority. This is forever, and even though it's not going to be easy, it's worth fighting for.

I am so excited to grow old with you, to watch our children grow up and to have someone's hand to hold through all that life throws at us. I look forward to movie nights and to dancing in our kitchen and to making you laugh so hard it hurts to breathe, but I know that things are not always going to be good, and that situations will not always be easy. I know that at times I will make it hard for you to love me like you may want to, and I know you will do the same to me, but I am ready to resolve our fights, and I promise that although I may not show it in the moment, I will love you through it all.

Marriage may not always be simple and easy, but remembering the times that are is what makes it worth it.

I am so beyond ecstatic to meet you, and know that I am praying for you to make it to me soon.

I love you so much already.

XOXO,

Your future wife