Soon to be 20 and still have not dated anyone, kissed anyone or been with anyone. I am here to tell you that this is okay because life is not about being in a relationship all the time and I feel that our generation is so stuck on the company of a relationship and relies on it to too much that it makes them feel happy. It gives us something to lean on and a reason to love ourselves but here is the thing once you gamble on it too much at some point there will be dark spots. Since you never put in the time to live your own life and love yourself, you will not know where to go from there. So I have always been the girl who put her future first and I am okay with that. These reasons below are my reason why.

Learn to love yourself

You do not need the constant reminder that you are beautiful on a regular basis because you know your worth. You find happiness and become your own person no matter who you are. You learn to accept things about yourself without the help of another individual.

Becoming independent

You do not depend on anyone but yourself. You work hard for what you earn and no one can take that way from you.

You dream big

You dream big and fantasize about what life could bring you. You go to college and believe that there can always be a better you in the world. You do not settle for less than you know you deserve.

You are happy and accepting

I love life and maybe there are times where I have a bad day but most of the time I enjoy what I do. I am happy where I am and what I am choosing to accomplish at this point in time.

Rushing is not your style

If you have not been in a relationship for a while or even at all you begin to accept that. You do not rush into things, you wait for them to come to you. So when something does not work out, you move on because you know there is better somewhere else.

Free to be you

No one is holding you back from accomplishing your dreams or telling you what they think is best for you on a daily basis (well besides our parents, which they do know whats best). Anyways, you do not have to feel like you have to surround yourself with things you hate rather you get to indulge in what you love and the person you want to be.

In all seriousness, maybe some of these reasons do not reflect you. Maybe you feel different about not being in a relationship but what is the rush nowadays? Why is getting married so young a thing? I prefer to live a little before I settle down and by any means, I am not saying settling down is a bad thing but it comes with some restraints. I am OKAY with being the soon to be 20 years old who has never had a relationship. I just wanna live a little, go on adventures, go to college and make something out of myself. Maybe one day I will get into a relationship but I will not let it jepordise everything I have worked so hard for.

So live for you and only you. Be who you want and do what you want. Succeed like never before and if the right person comes along then they do...but do not let that take away from what you deserve.